Author Topic: Pearl Blue ?  (Read 7938 times)

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
Re: Pearl Blue ?
« Reply #15 on: 11/25/17 05:55 UTC »
4 oz plastic
1.5 dashes of pearl powder
2 drops of X2 Fluorescent Blue
Tiny bit of UV

This gave me a nice light blue pearl color. I think I will add another drop or two of the Flo Blue next time. This was a requested color for a friend. I'll have to see what he thinks when I show him what I came up with.

You could back off the pearl powder. I went heavy with it because I wanted a heavy swirled pearl look.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 11/25/17 08:17 UTC »
Thank you, I will give it a try (when I am done raking leaves)
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 11/25/17 13:21 UTC »
Raking leaves ? That's what lawnmowers are for. LOL

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 11/25/17 14:18 UTC »
Matches work well too as long as the wind is blowing away from the house/garage.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 11/25/17 15:13 UTC »
Raking leaves ? That's what lawnmowers are for. LOL

I use my lawnmower too, but it blows a lot of the leave all over the place, so I rake them into the back yard first then feed the beast
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 11/25/17 16:06 UTC »
I use my lawnmower too, but it blows a lot of the leave all over the place, so I rake them into the back yard first then feed the beast

I made a board that closes off the shoot on my mower deck. Mulches up the grass great.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 12/02/17 13:58 UTC »
I did a little tweaking on my pearl blue this morning. The baits go for a trial run tomorrow morning.

A little too blue for what I was shooting for but close. I was going for three drops of X2 Flo Blue but a fourth drop made a fast break into the cup before I could do anything about it. LOL

« Last Edit: 12/02/17 14:01 UTC by 2XL »

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 12/02/17 14:10 UTC »
The ones with the white tail look real close to the old style bfishn paddle tail color. Ice blue with pearl tail.  I've caught a lot of nice walleyes on that color. Being in a swim shad it will catch even more fish!

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 12/02/17 16:01 UTC »
I did a little tweaking on my pearl blue this morning. The baits go for a trial run tomorrow morning.

A little too blue for what I was shooting for but close. I was going for three drops of X2 Flo Blue but a fourth drop made a fast break into the cup before I could do anything about it. LOL

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Strange, cuz I did something similar this morning.  I went to put 20 drops of flo orange into some heated plastisol.  Don't know what happened but I woke the hell up as drop #26 was falling into the cup.  Sure is pretty tho.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #24 on: 12/02/17 16:07 UTC »
I vaguely remember that color. A friend requested this color. The tail is that Turquoise pearl color. I used that because I had some scrap handy. A sparkle white pearl or plain white would work better I think. With the low water/current I shot these in the thin tail SS mold.

BTW  Shouldn't you be up a tree in a stand somewhere ? LOL

Too funny sarge. I also wrecked some scrap when I dropped some uncooked flo chartreuse plastic in a cup of scrap Turquoise pearl. That's what I get for getting in a hurry. LOL

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #25 on: 12/02/17 18:11 UTC »
Sweet color 2XL
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #26 on: 12/05/17 12:07 UTC »
I have recently been playing around with these colors to make a blue/black chub grub,  I wanted to come up with one that would come close to the original jig head that 2xl posted at the start of this thread.  I came up with one I like a lot and it looks killer with a flo chart tail.

4 ounces plastisol
one half drop of x2 black
1/8 tsp blue hi lite

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #27 on: 12/05/17 20:35 UTC »
It's a bad picture but I made these today. It's about as close to that jighead color as I'm going to get = good enough for the guy who requested this color. The jighead color is actually a little lighter than what my picture shows.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #28 on: 12/05/17 22:17 UTC »
Those are sharp!.  Guess I should have mentioned that I am shooting the ES grub so the matte color also makes mine a little darker but I am glad I played with it cuz I like the color

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
« Reply #29 on: 12/06/17 03:45 UTC »
LIttle late to the party, but I would venture to say MF’s 73-baby blue with do-it’s pearl powder would get you real close to that jig head color.