I tried to come up with a good plan for working in the basement but the math never worked out.
Something else to consider when working in the basement:http://custombaits.com/index.php?topic=1002.0
I just wanted to bring this up - given the time of year. Andy shared some of the most relevant info ever in this post for pouring in your basement. Thanks again Andy. Jason
Quote from: andrewlamberson on 01/12/12 08:55 UTC
Our Safety Coordinator at work alerted me to a possible issue with how I am venting the fumes from molding. He brought me an article from a Nascar Model Car Forum discussion problems with where the make up air is coming from with basement spray paint booths. (hobby booths ....under 500cfm)
The concern was that one of the easiest places for that air to come from is from the flue of your furnace. So instead of venting your carbon monoxide out the flue...the fan for your ventilation is pulling that air into your work space and that is NOT a good thing! If you are getting a headache while molding....it may not be the plastic fumes!!
It was bad enough for one guy that his MRI was showing damage to his brain...likely from the carbon monoxide!
So...I'm going to do 3 things this weekend while molding:
1. Put a carbon monoxide tester (with digital reading) by my work area to see if there is an issue.
2. Close the door between my work area...and the furnace! And tape the bottom.
3. ALWAYS have the window across the room open...even when it's single digits outside...like this week.
FYI...I did have an issue.The carbon monoxide registered in the concern/danger area
When you work with your guy make sure you have a cold air exchange source close to the work area.
I moved to the garage because it is a 3 car, had no carbon monoxide sources and sliding window to mount a large fan in to draw out the air. I open the garage door a crack for fresh air.