Author Topic: Choosing paints  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Ridgeking

• Minnow
Choosing paints
« on: 01/06/18 14:06 UTC »
So, I'm trying to put together a list of everything I'm going to need to get started painting plastic lure blanks and blade baits. I found this paint set on Amazon and thought it looks like a good starter set up for me. It is probable that I won't use every color here and I'll probably want more natural colors someday when I become good enough to start replicating real baitfish species but overall It seems like a good deal to a complete noob.....  Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/CREATEX-MASTER-AIRBRUSH-COLOR-OUNCE/dp/B0038DB2X0/ref=sr_1_13?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1515268374&sr=1-13&keywords=createx+transparent+airbrush+paint
« Last Edit: 01/06/18 14:17 UTC by Ridgeking »

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Choosing paints
« Reply #2 on: 01/06/18 14:55 UTC »
The first link with the Createx products is what I'd get. Its very complete color-wise and has the large bottle of cleaner and some nice mixing cups. You won't find that many paint colors by the bottle for that and the free shipping is a plus.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/07/18 09:07 UTC »
That set will set you up right for a long time. As for natural colors, mixing and layering of those paints can get you there, it just takes time and practice.

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/07/18 15:48 UTC »
Those will work great!

Offline Ridgeking

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 01/07/18 17:29 UTC »
Thanks guys... I'm not trying to make a nuisance of myself by asking a lot of seemingly dumb questions but I really want to gather as much good info as I can before plunking down a big chunk of change.. I'm getting my list put together in between rabbit hunting with the kid and tying flies. Pretty soon I'll be ordering and start the learning curve "hands on".  ;D ;D

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/08/18 12:26 UTC »
Hey, can't learn if you don't ask!  Everyone here is more than happy to help lend a hand and their advice so no worries.