Author Topic: Teardrop jig 1/16 oz  (Read 1796 times)

Offline MADA

• Keeper
  • To many tools? No way!!
Teardrop jig 1/16 oz
« on: 01/09/18 05:53 UTC »
Hi guys and happy new year.
Does anybody know if an 1/8 "eye will fit into the cavity on the 1/16 oz tear drop?
I see that it is listed that it shall be 2,4 mm (3/32"?) but maybe there is some leeway..
I am planing to buy this mold and have alot of 3 mm eyes already.
Thanks in advance for possitive response...

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Teardrop jig 1/16 oz
« Reply #1 on: 01/09/18 07:26 UTC »
The book calls for a 2mm eye but I just finished up some of these for a guy and used 2.5mm eyes that filled the eye pocket nicely without being too large.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline MADA

• Keeper
  • To many tools? No way!!
« Reply #2 on: 01/09/18 08:28 UTC »
Thanks Tom.
But are you sure?
According to cast details it is size 1,5 and the eyes in this size is 2,4 mm (3/32") in Do it sizing.
But if you have tested there is no point in arguing and just start shoping around for 2,5 mm eyes.
Magne

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/09/18 13:30 UTC »
Mada...sorry bud I mis-stated. The Tear Drop is a 2 mm eye in 1/16 ounce. The 1/16 Diner Shiner can handle a 2.5mm. I cast up a bunch of different heads over the last couple days and got the heads turned around. The 1/16 Teardrop is a nice looking head with the eyes. I normally don't do eyes in jigs for personal use and what I have done over the last couple days are earmarked for samples to a couple places and the eyes really make this head stand out beautifully.

Here's a pic showing the 2 mm eyes. These were airbrushed , eyes applied, then dipped in CS Seal Coat.

« Last Edit: 01/09/18 13:41 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast