I finally got around to experimenting with some more color change hard baits yesterday. I tired 3 different colors of chameleon colors including a color change waterborne toner that was in my bosses demo supply. I haven’t been able to replace the airbrush yet so I mixed some up into aerosol can. I have never put waterborne in an aerosol before so I didn’t know how it would turn out. It was a disaster but in the end it turned out great.
When I sprayed the paint over the black base it separated upon hitting the lure in to little clumps. As it dried it looked like scales that appear up close from a couple of feet back it looks solid gold but when you get close up I see scales just as you would in nature. Or even veins of color like on a blue gill. I need to decide if I should paint a white belly on or know when to say when.
I still want to clean it up a bit. I need to get the white sealer off the spoon. Add eyes dip in the CS clear and hooks.
The other two colors are still drying I’ll hopefully show them off soon. They are normal solvent paint and turn led out as expected.
Don’t laugh at my box I need to work up a stand with alligator clips in the near future.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk