Author Topic: A couple of more color changing hard plastics *updated*  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
One is the cyan to purple like I have done before and a green to silver that I’m not real fond of the look of the green to silver. The paint job it’s self went on nice and smooth but the color doesn’t do much for me maybe eyes and hooks will dress it up.

I also threw in some pictures of the process. Sealer to black base to paint. I need to get more eyes I forgot the last 2 Do It orders to order eyes. I need to run pick up some CS clear down the street. I think the cyan to purple will get a white belly probably pearl white. Red treble hooks as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: 02/10/18 13:48 UTC by Paneltruck.lures »
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
Re: A couple of more color changing hard plastics
« Reply #1 on: 01/15/18 22:29 UTC »
Righteous...

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #2 on: 01/16/18 01:03 UTC »
Very nice PTL!!!
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/16/18 13:23 UTC »
I have some red and blue fine crushed glass pearl. I am think am thinking of putting a light dust coat of one of those colors on over the silver to green. I still think it needs something else to make it pop.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/16/18 18:23 UTC »
I did 4 cranks this afternoon using a green to gold to red color shifting for the bellies and then 4 different color shifting or chameleon colors for the backs. I lost my natural light so I'll have to wait for morning to see how they look. I put everything over a black base color. I did the box trick for supporting the painted baits for drying and it works classic. Looking back over at the table with the box on it holding those baits shows some of the color change even in crappy lighting but I still need to see them in good light.
« Last Edit: 01/16/18 21:08 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 01/16/18 21:19 UTC »
I’d like to see them Tom we probably all would get some pictures tomorrow for us.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/16/18 21:34 UTC »
It'll be a couple days Aaron before I can get pictures up. I want to have hooks hanging for the picture. I may do a short video of then for facebook too.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 01/18/18 18:58 UTC »
I really like both.  The green silver with some black details bring baby bass and crappie to mind.  That cyan blue with a pearl overspray on the belly with a bloodline in some color would be very nice as well.  I need to get me some more changeables.  Is it possible to brush them like plastic and spray seal them with clear?

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 01/18/18 19:16 UTC »
I plan to pearl the belly over the weekend I think it will help it stand out.

As far as the brushing on I really don’t know it would be a trial and error experiment
« Last Edit: 01/18/18 21:18 UTC by Paneltruck.lures »

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 01/18/18 20:54 UTC »
You might be able to do the changeable pearls over flat black using the brush method. If it turns out I’d dip coat the bait,but that’s just my preference, not an absolute. I’m sure spraying a top coat would work too.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 01/19/18 13:33 UTC »
What ever you want to POP pearl it and add the color and dust it with pearl again. It give a shine and color contrast. Even if you don't add color a little pearl can change a lot but a little goes along way

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 02/10/18 12:57 UTC »

I took the green to silver and put on a layer of 2 red pearls as seen in the picture on it to make it pop but the red pearls are not popping like I had hoped for it just gives a pinkish cast to silver.

I also pulled out the 1Shot sign painters enamel and clear and made pearl white bellies. I think the strip of white is too narrow. Not what I had hoped for maybe when I have some more time I can go back over it and round out and widen the white.

The concoction of 4 white pearls can be seen in the picture that when over the pillar white 1shot base. My hand isn’t as steady as it used to be as well so the stripes are a little jagged but Tom taught me nothing in nature is straight so it’s ok

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Re: A couple of more color changing hard plastics *updated*
« Reply #12 on: 02/10/18 14:06 UTC »
I also painted this orange to crimson pearl over black. It took about 6 coats of the pearl to cover the black and in the right light the black still shows. I was disappointed at first but as it drys I’m starting to be okay with it.

This thing fought me. First I had problems getting the pearl to be thin enough to spray even after 30 minuets on the shaker. It’s a paste pearl so it had gotten gummy sitting on the shelf. Then my coupler on my air hose got stuck in the open position so I replaced it with a new which was defective from the package. Spilled the pearl out of the my paint gun in the process of getting mad about the coupler. I said screw it I’ll put in a aerosol can. After 15 minuets on the shaker of a new pearl batch the pearl was still too thick to go through the aerosol can machine. It took 3 rounds of shaking and attempts before I got a useable batch. Then 6 coats to get decent coverage. It’s starting to look good as it drys hopefully the return on my efforts and headache will be worth it when it’s over.