Author Topic: Getting plastic colorant our of carpet.  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Getting plastic colorant our of carpet.
« on: 01/22/18 18:43 UTC »
Long story short the boys spilled baby bass green colorant on the carpet. I got up a decent amount amount but it’s still in the carpet pretty good. My wife is going to try and shampoo the carpet tomorrow any hope that it will come out or is this a expensive life lesson?
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Getting plastic colorant our of carpet.
« Reply #1 on: 01/22/18 18:57 UTC »
Wet it with alcohol and then pat it up with paper towels. DO NOT shampoo it or scrub it! I had this happen a time or two and the alcohol does a nice job of lifting the colorant. Lacquer thinner and acetone will work too but whatever you do, do not scrub the spots simply pat the alcohol or solvent up with the toweling. It will take a few tries but it gets the job done.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/22/18 19:13 UTC »
Awesome thank you for the tips. We will give the alcohol a shot then if need be call in the thinner.

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/22/18 19:50 UTC »
Oh boy!  The first non medical related casualty. That is if mom doesn’t inflect bodily injury. Better hold a few towels back for triage.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/22/18 20:08 UTC »
Just threats didn’t even get a hell or pissed. Hells are usually only come out every 10 years when I’m newly clean shaven. its the last thing I hear for 48 hours when they do come out in those events. I guess she wasn’t to mad. It just helps my cause for the next house having a garage.