Author Topic: pearl blue  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
pearl blue
« on: 02/03/18 18:39 UTC »
pearl blue

http://custombaits.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=3195

Offline Lines

• Lunker
Re: pearl blue
« Reply #1 on: 02/03/18 19:41 UTC »
Those are killers. They "have to" work.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 02/04/18 09:29 UTC »
I like the color nice work
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 02/04/18 11:44 UTC »
I've never done much with that powder blue color. That white tail hanging on it is nice. Sticking a chartreuse tail on that color should be a fish getter. Those ring worms and thump-it wear this color combo well and I can see walleyes hanging on them.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
« Reply #4 on: 02/04/18 12:08 UTC »
I wish I shared your guys opinions on these. The more I look at them the less I’m digging the colors. That blue is that blue. As I’ve stated it’s very difficult( at least in my experience) to alter it whatsoever. I used two teaspoons of pearl powder in 8 oz and barley got the effect. I call it black hole blue cause it just swallows whatever you put in it, but stays the same. Even those tails, I was in a hurry to test my presto/stirrer/pid setup. So I didn’t wait for my pearl powder to arrive and went ahead with some pearl gold I had. So they came out more ‘cream’ colored than anything. The good news is my setup worked perfectly, so I was happy. Needless to say I’ll be spending time refining this combo, it’s my curse, when I have an idea how I want something to come out I can’t settle for ‘close’. I think 2XL nailed it when he started this convo a while back. I’m sure to be using his recipe as my starting point.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 02/04/18 12:27 UTC »
Honestly it don’t matter what you or I think about them. It’s what the fish think about them that matters

Offline Thembonez

• Keeper
« Reply #6 on: 02/04/18 12:35 UTC »
Honestly it don’t matter what you or I think about them. It’s what the fish think about them that matters

True as it is, I’ll fish them at some point I’m sure. If it ends up the fish wanna chew on a ‘smurf’, well then I know how to make more

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 02/04/18 15:23 UTC »
If the fish start hitting on these smurfs and you post here that they did your in box will be full of PM’s

“Hey buddy so what’s the recipe for that blue in thos ring tails”

I may some blue gill flys last weekend that I was proud of my self for tying up and went from ready to high 5 my self to what if the blue gills don’t hit these?

It’s a struggle I’m sure we all face. We just let the fish decide