Author Topic: Successful trip-well sorta  (Read 4352 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Successful trip-well sorta
« on: 03/23/18 11:59 UTC »
I went to my favorite local lake this morning,  This lake is well known for its early crappie bite (Feb thru Apr) and I did well up till the end of Feb.  Then thos 3 cold fronts came thru in succession and I haven't caught a crappie since.  So I started out fishing a 2.25 small fry in electric chicken.  No bites in my favorite areas so I went to a deeper portion of the lake.  Finally after several casts, I caught a 16 inch largemouth dead sticking the bait 7 feet under a bobber.  Switched up tactics and tied on a 1/16th oz jig with a sickle hook and put on a 2.5 inch swim fry (black with a chart tail)/  12 bluegills and 2 small bass later I gave it up and came home.  Still no crappie but the gills were fun.  Warmer weather on the horizon
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Successful trip-well sorta
« Reply #1 on: 03/23/18 12:39 UTC »
Snow on our horizon. I'll be sure to do a snow dance this afternoon to send it your way since you're having way too much nice weather. lol
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/23/18 12:55 UTC »
Snow on our horizon. I'll be sure to do a snow dance this afternoon to send it your way since you're having way too much nice weather. lol
[/quot

Why thank you sir.  May you be blessed with ice fishing weather in July
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/23/18 13:34 UTC »
Don't worry bud...at this rate we will.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 03/23/18 15:20 UTC »
  When you say horizon. How far away is that ?

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/23/18 15:59 UTC »
Well let's see suppose to extend from Minnesota through bottom half of Wisconsin, into Illinois and through Indiana to southern Ohio. Suppose to go south of me in Indiana!

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 03/23/18 17:22 UTC »
It is 77 here right now I walked out of the house in the late 5:00 hour this morning in short sleeves to go meet a coworker for breakfast and I was fine in the short sleeve. I’m Sure the hot blooded Norwegian girl will have the AC blasting when I get home. I’d love to fish all weekend but I understand it’s is supposed to rain hard both days.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 03/23/18 17:33 UTC »
77 degrees................. ........................ ........................ ..bite me paneltruck! LOL

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 03/23/18 18:38 UTC »
  When you say horizon. How far away is that ?

Just down the road a piece. Or just over yonder. Don't matter how far away it is....no snow is the only snow I want. White sucks.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/23/18 18:40 UTC »
77 degrees................. ........................ ........................ ..bite me paneltruck! LOL

87 right now at my mom’s in Texas but she also has a bad wild fire about 10 miles north of her at the moment so it’s not a good trade off
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #10 on: 03/23/18 19:45 UTC »
Upper 30’s and 40’s for the high this weekend. Any time you can get a chance to fish it’s a great day.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline MADA

• Keeper
  • To many tools? No way!!
« Reply #11 on: 03/24/18 08:55 UTC »
Gentlemen.
On this side of the Atlantic and this part of Europe the summer of 2018 is cancelled as there is simply not enough sun to melt all this white stuff.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 03/27/18 10:57 UTC »

Well my "horizon" is supposed to arrive tomorrow with temps getting up to 57 with light and variable winds.  Unfortunately it has been rainly and cold for the last few days so I don;t anticipate much activity with respect to staging for the spawn or anything even close but too nice not to go fishing so I will be out there giving it my all.  Sunday the high is projected to be 33 with snow.  Damn you Tom.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 03/27/18 11:06 UTC »
Hey....that's what you get for bragging up all the nice weather while we're sitting in drifts. lol Sunday's forecast is the same up here, but I think flurries or very light accumulations. Still, if its cold enough to snow its way too cold. We had rain last night and I went out and stood in it for a minute to see if I could remember what it felt like. Barely.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 03/27/18 14:52 UTC »
Every state I was ever transferred to, or lived in, the phrase "if you don't like the weather-wait a minute it will change" was applied as if it was unique to that particular area.  It ain't.  The weather seasonally sucks everywhere.