Author Topic: 5” of rain in 2 hours  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
5” of rain in 2 hours
« on: 06/07/18 23:11 UTC »
We got pounded with heavy rain from about 10-noon. They are saying 5” in my area, 7” up on the north side of town. We had a lightning strike close to work it knocked out power for a short period of time but the businesses across the street were without power for hours, Lucky them. At about 11 AM it looked like midnight outside the rain was hitting so hard on our metal roof you couldn’t hear someone across the room talking. I’m hoping the rain stirred up the fish. When we went Sunday Austin caught 5 little dinks, AJ and my self were shut out. I didn’t see anyone else fishing there land anything. I threw everything I had at em. Flys, plastics, crappie bites finally resorted to salmon eggs. I had a couple nibbles on the salmon eggs but couldn’t bring anything to the shore. I’ll blame the fine men and women at the US Air Force again like I do everytime I don’t catch a fish at our fishing spot near the base. The AWACS were super low and loud weather or not that played in to it or not it sounds like a good excuse for my short comings. Hopefully tomorrow evening or at least by Saturday morning I’ll get to go try again.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: 5” of rain in 2 hours
« Reply #1 on: 06/07/18 23:48 UTC »
Hope your high and dry PTL. How is the boys arm? Good luck if you get out again.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/08/18 08:28 UTC »
Five inches is a lot in a day let alone two hours. Dang.

Rochester is going to be wet again within an hour. We had a bit less than a half inch during the night but we could use more. We were actually getting pretty dry here. Walleye Wacker is going to get lit up too by the looks of the weather map I use.

I don't mind rain at all....as long as it doesn't all come at once.
« Last Edit: 06/08/18 08:54 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 06/08/18 09:37 UTC »
Today and tomorrow we’re going to get thunderstorms and hope it nothing like what PTL got. We had a burst last week that had the ditches full for the most of the day.

Offline Thump Huntin

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 06/08/18 18:26 UTC »
We got 2.5” out in Harrah in that time frame. Had a good 5 lightning strikes above or very near to our house.  Can’t say I’ve heard it that loud before. Was ridiculous.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/08/18 19:11 UTC »
We got 2.5” out in Harrah in that time frame. Had a good 5 lightning strikes above or very near to our house.  Can’t say I’ve heard it that loud before. Was ridiculous.

I need to come out there and hit the Harrah city lake sometime

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 06/08/18 19:16 UTC »
Hope your high and dry PTL. How is the boys arm? Good luck if you get out again.

He got out of the cast last Friday he was happy about that he is wanting to find a summer job pretty bad and that will make it a little easier for him being out of that. It’s hard enough finding a place who’s insurance will let them hire a 15 year old in this day and age. He does have to wear a small brace for 5 more weeks. This also allows me to get him in drivers ed now that he is out of that big cast.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #7 on: 06/08/18 20:05 UTC »
Great news for the boy hope he finds a summer job.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 06/09/18 22:35 UTC »
We went out for about 2 hours this evening. The boys caught a couple of small fish. I bet I had 30 plus strikes but couldn’t get anything to latch on kind of frustrating. Oh well it was nice to get out.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 06/10/18 20:46 UTC »
I hate to beg but, we could sure use some of that moisture here in southeast Iowa. We're bone dry.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 06/10/18 21:04 UTC »
I'll be in SE Iowa this week. Where are you at Lines? PM me your hometown and contact info....maybe we can connect of one of the days.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 06/10/18 21:50 UTC »
I hate to beg but, we could sure use some of that moisture here in southeast Iowa. We're bone dry.

Gotta make up for all the times in the last decade southern Iowa was flooded we were in a drought

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 06/24/18 22:45 UTC »

I guess a good chunk of the country is getting rain today. My mom is getting a downpour right now in Texas and I talked to my cousin in Connecticut a few hours ago. She said she was getting a good shower. I also saw where it was snowing in Colorado today. you guys in Minnesota and Wisconsin don’t have it so bad.

Right at 3 more inches of rain since midnight at my house and they are saying we could get up to 2 more inches overnight. There is a low spot in my backyard that was holding water up over my ankle.  By the time my yard dries up enough to mow it will be over a foot tall. Oh well for once I’ll just look like the majority of the houses on my block who only mow every 6-8 weeks.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 06/25/18 08:16 UTC »
Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin have some serious flooding happening right now. Do-It's headquarters and main manufacturing plant are very , very close to areas that have been pounded with flooding this spring and again right now.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they