Author Topic: Canada 2018  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Canada 2018
« on: 07/14/18 15:58 UTC »
Getting ready to go for a week of walleye and pike fishing

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Canada 2018
« Reply #1 on: 07/15/18 07:45 UTC »
Lamar I hope you stick’em. May your travel be safe and we’ll be waiting for pics of another successful trip.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/15/18 07:57 UTC »
Great looking lures Lamar, enjoy your trip.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/15/18 08:58 UTC »
Have a good time Lamar. I know you look forward to this trip every year.

Great looking jigs and spinners........hose Canuk walleye and pike will never be the same.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 07/15/18 11:43 UTC »
Have a good time Lamar. I know you look forward to this trip every year.

Great looking jigs and spinners........hose Canuk walleye and pike will never be the same.

Thanks. This time I'm taking just the wife up with me and then in Sept I'll go with the guys like we always do. Going to jump off the dock with a young lady that was born up there the first year we visited this camp. She's now 23. She's been teasing me that this old man is going to chicken out. Well she's got a big surprise coming to her, this old man doesn't ever chicken out. Turning 60 isn't going to change that.

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 07/15/18 12:43 UTC »
Lamar

Have a Great Time Up there ;)

Give us a Heads up on your return
for I've been hearing  lot of changes going on

from Stricter Boarder Crossing
to a Complete change on their Fishing Rules an Regulations

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 07/15/18 13:27 UTC »
Lamar

Have a Great Time Up there ;)

Give us a Heads up on your return
for I've been hearing  lot of changes going on

from Stricter Boarder Crossing
to a Complete change on their Fishing Rules an Regulations

We leave all our gear up there in a tote and fly into Duluth and then rent a car and drive seven hours north. So all we have when crossing the board is what we wear for the week. All our food and booze we buy up there. They supply us with coffee in the morning and a big meal at night. It just makes it more relaxing of a vacation instead of driving 24 hours. The next morning we portage into camp. It takes about two hours. And as far as fish all we keep is two a day for shore lunch and release everything else.
« Last Edit: 07/15/18 13:29 UTC by Lamar »

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 07/15/18 14:01 UTC »
Sounds like that would be the Best Way, having a no hassle entry Enjoy

Guys I spoke with are lass fortunate and try to save a buck
taking food and even water only to find cost factors when entering

One said they are even charging for gasoline in tanks that are in the boat now

Just makes one think twice fact from fiction

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 07/15/18 15:40 UTC »
  We've been doing this for over 30 years and never had a problem at the boarder. Our rule is only one guy talks unless they ask someone a question. Have things ready when you pull up and don't try to hide something on them. Once they catch you on something they'll check you out every time. You are going into their country just play by their rules. When they scan my passport they know I've done this many times before and my story adds up.

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 07/15/18 15:56 UTC »
I just got back from Canada with no issues going in to Canada, or back to the USA.

We buy all our food in Fort Francis and bring nothing back when we re-enter at International Falls. "Keep it simple"!

Just remember no mace or tazers in Canada!

Also remember, Canada will not allow anyone in with a recent  DWI (read the regs for details).

" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 07/15/18 16:10 UTC »
I just got back from Canada with no issues going in to Canada, or back to the USA.

We buy all our food in Fort Francis and bring nothing back when we re-enter at International Falls. "Keep it simple"!

Just remember no mace or tazers in Canada!

Also remember, Canada will not allow anyone in with a recent  DWI (read the regs for details).

Exactly. The old KISS method. Keep it simple stupid. We just wait till we get to Dryden to by everything. With the 10 percent exchange it's about the same and a much nicer store there. Then we drive about another hour to Sioux Lookout where we stay the night at the Best Western. They have a frig in our room  to keep the eggs and milk good till we portage in the next day.

Offline billygee

• Kicker
« Reply #11 on: 07/15/18 16:53 UTC »
Kind of humorous when you consider
maybe not hearing the full story of what really happened ?

I personally haven't fished Canada probably in 30yrs
plenty of boundary waters up there in MN I've fished
Friend of mines brother owned a resort up there in Canada
had just sold it couple years ago
Kind of wished I'd gone when he owned it

Oh Well !
Plenty of waters haven't fished here yet
Supposed to head up to the Bay area for fall Walleye
Hope I'm still able to by then

"Anyway Best of Luck on your Fishing Venture Lamar"

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 07/15/18 18:47 UTC »
A funny story: Took my nineteen year old son up to fish Eagle Lake. Pulled up to the  Canadian officer, he looked our passports over and said "Park over there and come inside.  (They were checking all the young guys for drug convictions, but we didn't know) About six people sitting in the room. Lady comes out and says "Brian" (my sons name) So he jumps up and follows her into the room. She says "We got a problem; you were convicted on drug charges two years ago in California" (Were from Indiana) Wait he said you did want Brian Bowers? No she said, He walked back into the room pale white! She then came back into the room and said Brian Smith follow me, Brian Bowers you can go. We laugh about it today, but it wasn't funny then!

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 07/16/18 06:35 UTC »
  I remember one year as we were pulling up we saw an officer open the door and walked into the building were it has the mirrored windows. We saw three guys in there with head phones on pointing sound devices toward the vehicles in the line. I wonder how much they can hear ? After that when we're in line we don't say anything.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #14 on: 07/16/18 10:52 UTC »
Andy when we went crossed they had to of ask at least a dozen time if we had bear spray.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN