I'm with Skimpy!!!! I've been using the VMC 7250 black nickel spinnerbait hooks for a long time now and I have tried them all. That hook has the 2X long shank and a needle point that penetrates with ease even when using the 5/0 size. I'll post a list with it going from the best to the worst and the pros and cons.
1. VMC 7250BLN - Pros: 2X long shank, black nickel, good point. Cons: Hook point will dull faster than other needle point hooks.
2. Mustad 32608 - Pros: 2X long shank, available in black nickel, very strong point. Cons: Hook point not as sharp as other needle point hooks.
3. Eagle Claw L255 - Pros: 2X long shank, strong and sharp needle point. Cons: Not available in black nickel
4. Owner 5320 - Pros: Long shank, super strong and super sharp cutting point. Cons: Price, cutting point will fold over if it hits hard cover, no black nickel.
5. Gamakatsu 550 - Pros: Very sharp cutting point. Cons: Point folds over very easy, no black nickel and no long shank version.