Author Topic: Quick and Easy Powder Painting Swim Jigs.  (Read 1769 times)

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
Quick and Easy Powder Painting Swim Jigs.
« on: 07/28/18 14:15 UTC »
This is how I paint 2 of my better swim jig patterns, I hope it helps.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-7xpruoT3A

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
Re: Quick and Easy Powder Painting Swim Jigs.
« Reply #1 on: 07/30/18 21:46 UTC »
Nice video. I've been wanting to try a powder gun. I'm gonna have to get one soon.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/31/18 05:57 UTC »
  Great video. I'm not sure I could spray and hold the jars without dropping it from time to time. I bought extra jars and spray straws from TJ's. And like he said it's very easy to do. I'm going to have to check out dragonfly. I've got all the candy colors but not that one.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/31/18 07:19 UTC »
Lamar....Dragonfly is a super nice color.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 07/31/18 10:09 UTC »
Nice video, Smalljaw. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. A video, IMO, is worth a million. Thanks for sharing....

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 07/31/18 12:13 UTC »
Thanks guys,  I was asked to do powder painting videos for awhile but never had a capable camera. Now I got one that will work well enough to be able to give you guys an idea of how I go about spraying powder. Lamar, if you use candy blue or candy green over the chartreuse you will get a similar color, the difference is the Dragonfly color has metallic green glitter in it and even though you can't see it on the video it is in there and provides a subtle flash. I also have to echo Ctom, Dragonfly is a super nice color that can make a really nice jig all by itself.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 07/31/18 14:05 UTC »
Thanks guys,  I was asked to do powder painting videos for awhile but never had a capable camera. Now I got one that will work well enough to be able to give you guys an idea of how I go about spraying powder. Lamar, if you use candy blue or candy green over the chartreuse you will get a similar color, the difference is the Dragonfly color has metallic green glitter in it and even though you can't see it on the video it is in there and provides a subtle flash. I also have to echo Ctom, Dragonfly is a super nice color that can make a really nice jig all by itself.

You got me on to using the candy blue and green over the chartreuse a few years ago. I like the effects you get from it. I do my walleye jigs like that with an orange chin. Looks like a perch and is something they don't see very often.