Author Topic: Wanna try snow?  (Read 1457 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Wanna try snow?
« on: 09/28/18 15:25 UTC »
At 2:55 this afternoon Carole and I watched as snow came while eating our early dinner.No, we’re not at home but rather at the Trestle Inn at the top end of Crooked Lake. Definitely boonies locale. Beautiful fall colors to go with the white stuff.

Been pretty cool this week and the fishing has been tough but I did get a nice steelhead early this morning. It was a release fish. This snow though is not needed....or welcome.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Re: Wanna try snow?
« Reply #1 on: 09/28/18 16:40 UTC »
I’m ready for some cooler weather as long as it’s not a good accumulation, snow could be okay.
I looked at the weather where I’m going next week for work. High 80’s no relief there. Looked at the weather in Connecticut where I am going in a couple of weeks. Slightly cooler but not as cool as I had hoped for. Oh well soon it will be January and we will all be complaining about the weather
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 09/28/18 17:47 UTC »
Has snowed here at work in the AK Arctic every month this year.
Thought it was going to stick for good last week but it warmed up just enough for it to melt.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 09/28/18 18:15 UTC »
We have eye’s to catch before we get any of the white stuff.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 09/29/18 07:43 UTC »
Wow still in the mid 90's here.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 10/01/18 17:00 UTC »
Well....we're home. Been a chilly 10 days. Not really cold, but rain at least some portion of nine of the days. Wind.....we won't go there, other than that on two days the waves were rolling over the breakwater. One steelhead came to hand this trip. Everyone was having a time trying to score fish so I was in good company.

Lots of deer. Between the cabin and Two Harbors on three consecutive days we counted 28, 28 and 26 deer on our trip back to the shack in the evening. The yard had deer of course but no bear. We had three young grey fox that took a serious liking to our sunflower seed that was supposed to feed the deer. Weird, we've never seen fox feed so heavy on sunflower seed. The kits were great company though and a source of great entertainment. As seen in the picture the deer ion town have no problem using the front walks to get around. This one approached the van thinking we were going to hand it a cookie like they do in the parking lot at the breakwater.

On Friday we took a day together and went on tour looking for this very out of the way bar/restaurant. 22 miles of mud road to get there and its built entirely out of timbers salvaged from an ancient railroad trestle, hence the name. The food was incredible. The ambience was unbelievable....we'll be going back to this treasure.

Rained from just outside of Duluth to the door here at home today so a dry house is welcome now. Good to be back.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #6 on: 10/01/18 18:51 UTC »
Glade you guys had a awesome trip and are back home. How is your honeys wrist doing.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 10/01/18 19:05 UTC »
She's full of it so the wrist must not be such an issue for her now. lol Its mending just fine.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #8 on: 10/01/18 20:00 UTC »
Glade to hear it

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 10/02/18 07:25 UTC »
This 40 or less degree stuff in early October sure sucks, now that we're back home. We haven't seen it this cold at this time of the year for many years....sure hope this isn't a harbinger of what's to come. The furnace came on this morning. Its been several years since we put heat in the house before mid-November. When we left for the cabin it was sweat city working in the garage project. I'll need something more than a tee-shirt today.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #10 on: 10/02/18 09:51 UTC »
I had to turn my furnace on last weekend the house was down to 50 and like you it’s been a while for a need for heat this early. And I hope the amount of rain we’ve had this summer doesn’t equate to how much of the white stuff we will see this winter.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 10/02/18 09:53 UTC »
At least you won't have to worry about your venison going bad because of the heat this fall!!

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 10/02/18 16:44 UTC »
That's great, Tom, it's still 89 degrees here in balmy Alabama  :P  I'm sure we will get our usual 2 weeks of fall, then a month of semi cold temps "winter" and get right back to summer.

Offline basskat

• Kicker
« Reply #13 on: 10/04/18 17:07 UTC »
We've cooled off here in Mississippi, highs are low 90's. 😀