Author Topic: Big Horn Sheep  (Read 886 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Big Horn Sheep
« on: 10/22/18 07:29 UTC »
Carole and I took a few days and drove to Rapid City South Dakota to see the grandkids going to college there. Kenny and Ammy are both enrolled in the School of Mining and Technology. Friday we got the school tour and went out for dinner. Saturday we drove out in the country to see the Black Hills away from the usual tourist trap places and saw some amazing beauty, including a couple places I'd like to hit with some spinners. On our country tour Carole saw a sign along the road warning of a Big Horn Sheep crossing area....I was looking the other way at a stream. A while later as we were coming back into Rapid City's outer fringe I happened to see another of those signs and as if it were planned, there were 8 Big Horn Sheep in all their glory right there....in a guy's yard! I stopped and got out with the camera and found the sun in my face and couldn't see squat so I winged it and took a run of shots hoping one would turn out. Here it is....

Carole and I have been all over the continent and have wanted to see Big Horns of one variety or another at least once. There are 4 sub-species of the critters. Yellowstone I don't know how many times. Several other locations in the Rockies, Glacier Nat'l Park, The Grand Tetons, and on an Alaskan cruise we saw what someone said was a pair of sheep but honestly they were so far away and without binocs they could have been rocks so who knows. Then to find them right in town and in a guys back yard is sort of anti-climatic but we were both thrilled to have finally found what we were looking for. Sometimes I wonder if we just don't look too hard.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Big Horn Sheep
« Reply #1 on: 10/22/18 08:13 UTC »
Awesome site to see. It’s amazing how many animals that the majority of people never see in there life time. Every chance I get I’m looking to take in the beauty that the powers that be has created. And I’m greatfull when I’m get a glimps at some. Glade you and Carole had a great trip.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/22/18 11:46 UTC »
Cool pic.  Thanks for sharing. 

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/22/18 11:50 UTC »
Thata pretty cool thanks for sharing

Offline Paneltruck.lures