Author Topic: Major League Fishing  (Read 692 times)

Offline Do-it Rep

• Lunker
Major League Fishing
« on: 01/30/19 10:16 UTC »
The Inaugural Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour launched yesterday morning in Kissimmee Florida.  Do-It Pro Randy Howell leads the event after day one in Group A.  The other 40 anglers in group B fish today.  Shotgun Rounds and Sudden Death Rounds that started yesterday and go through Saturday are held on the Kissimmee chain of lakes then the final 10 anglers fish Lake Garcia on Championship Sunday February 3rd.  In Major League format the anglers total weight of all fish caught over 1lbs are counted towards their daily weight.  Randy Howell sacked up over 49lbs of Florida bass yesterday.  Randy was one of the few anglers fishing off shore schooling fish in and around hydrilla beds while most of the field punched mats. His morning topwater bite fizzled and he turned to a Midwest Finesse senko combination and rotated back and forth between that and a jerkbait the rest of the afternoon.  More info and all the action at the link below.

https://majorleaguefishing.com/bass-pro-tour/howell-hammers-almost-50-pounds-in-shotgun-round-1/

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
Re: Major League Fishing
« Reply #1 on: 01/30/19 11:13 UTC »
I've been watching when I can at work  ;) I think I like the best 5 format style but this is cool to watch.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/30/19 14:44 UTC »
Unreal. Today with one hour to go. Marty Robinson had one fish. He proceded to catch somewhere around 30 fish in the last hour for 50 plus pounds to finish first for the day!

Offline Bayou Burner

• Yearling
« Reply #3 on: 01/30/19 18:38 UTC »
I’ll be up at my little place on Conroe next month when they’ll be there-I’m taking my Pops Crappie Fishing and there will be old man fists shaking at those pros the whole time  ;D

Offline t-billy

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 02/05/19 02:03 UTC »
 I really like this format. I find it more fun to watch than the best five tournaments. Lots of movement on the leader board.
A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.