Author Topic: Reins Purple Weenie  (Read 853 times)

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Reins Purple Weenie
« Reply #15 on: 02/09/19 18:12 UTC »
Tom the one on the left is what he is trying to match

Offline onlykeepers

• Minnow
« Reply #16 on: 02/09/19 18:43 UTC »
Yes on the thermometer.
The bait at the beginning of the thread and in the picture is the same one. The one at the beginning of the thread read taken off reins website. The one next to mine is the actual bait. The color is called purple weenie. I do agree that they look different. I am trying to match the actual bait color

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 02/09/19 21:55 UTC »
If you're trying to match the green bait I'd ditch the watermelon and use or start with something more like Caney Creek Green and not use any of the violet hi lite. Get the color down first, then if you want hi lite or glitter add it after you get to the point of being happy with the base color.

Offline onlykeepers

• Minnow
« Reply #18 on: 02/10/19 10:15 UTC »
About as close as I can get. I appreciate everyone's help. This was the hardest color scheme I ever tried to match.
4oz plastic
2 drop Caney creek green
Toothpick dip of chartreuse
Matchstick tip amount of pearl powder
1/4 of 1/8tsp hi-lite red
1/4 of 1/8tsp hi-lite blue

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 02/10/19 10:34 UTC »
You're darned close right there. You have to consider that one bait is much thicker than the other so the density or depth of color will not "appear" the same when you see the two side by side as in your picture. If you really wanted to do a spot on match, simply melt down one of the commercial baits and pour a teaspoon full on the back of an aluminum mold and pour some of your color right next to it. Every thing will be on an even keel this way and you'll be better able to see what may need to be added of diminished to get your match. I work in this fashion when I am trying to get a close match.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 02/10/19 12:57 UTC »
In your last pic I can make out the hi-lite in this color scheme. I agree, you are very close. Good job!

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 02/10/19 12:59 UTC »
I agree. The fish will tell you.

Offline Porkrind

• Keeper
« Reply #22 on: 02/11/19 01:03 UTC »
Get ya some caney green X2 and call it good. Lol, I may be wrong but I shoot a lot of caney green.