Author Topic: New Product! CNC 6" Ripper  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Re: New Product! CNC 6" Ripper
« Reply #15 on: 03/08/19 13:52 UTC »
That's not something you're just going to toss out there and fish. That's something you're going to HURL out there with both hands. You better tighten up your big boy paints when you fish this thing. Only real men need to inquire !

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 03/08/19 19:55 UTC »
Are you taking some of those up to Rainy Kyle? Haha. I honestly think it would be worth throwing it a little bit up there.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 03/08/19 20:00 UTC »
Are you taking some of those up to Rainy Kyle? Haha. I honestly think it would be worth throwing it a little bit up there.

I’m going in May and will throw the 4” quite a bit. Rainy has some nice Smallies but dunno about a 6” swimbait. Be a mouthful.

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 03/08/19 20:31 UTC »
I know but a 3.5"er looks tiny in a decent sized walleyes mouth! This is a 3.5" on a 1/4oz poison tail in a 28"ers mouth. Cant barely see it lol. I'm not saying its ideal but ide throw it a bit just to see what happens.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 03/09/19 01:12 UTC »
MJ it nice when they take them like that. They don’t have any trouble wacking # 13 Rapala so you might need a bigger hook or a stinger in that 6”. It will be a great size for the upsized chatterbait for pike and muskies. I once had a bass hit a big jointed pikie minnow when muskie fishing. The bait half as long as the fish that hit it.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Creek_Chub_Jointed_Pikie_Crankbaits/descpage-CCJP.html
« Last Edit: 03/09/19 01:39 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 03/09/19 07:01 UTC »
I’m going in May and will throw the 4” quite a bit. Rainy has some nice Smallies but dunno about a 6” swimbait. Be a mouthful.

I've got a six inch Believer bait that looks like a walleye. I like to fish it around water falls and make it look like a wounded walleye that just went over the falls. I catch mostly big pike on it but I've also caught some giant walleyes on it. A big walleye will take a bigger bait than one might think to fish.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 03/09/19 07:33 UTC »
A big walleye will take a bigger bait than one might think to fish.

I totally agree... (but I also caught plenty of sub-legal walleyes on monster baits during the spring when their feedbag is really on).

Before I started making my own plastics with Do-it's molds, my number one spring walleye bait was an 8" tomato core lizard (as it was the only thing I could find having the relative size and color I was looking for).  And since the 7" Ribbed Ribbon Tail is one of my main baits during the early part of the year, I know I could catch those underwater white-tails on a 6" Ripper as well.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 03/09/19 07:42 UTC »
I gotcha Mike. The Walleye are a by-catch for us up there. We are strictly after the Smallies. This one my son caught would take a 6 inches easily.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 03/09/19 08:59 UTC »
I gotcha Mike. The Walleye are a by-catch for us up there. We are strictly after the Smallies. This one my son caught would take a 6 inches easily.

Nice fish

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #24 on: 03/09/19 18:05 UTC »

Heck yeah! That's what I like too see. Fishing the flooded timber in South Dakota you catch walleyes smallies pike and muskie all in the same areas so I never know what is gonna thump my plastic.

Offline Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
« Reply #25 on: 03/11/19 08:51 UTC »

I will definitely have a small arsenal of 6's with me to try! Rainy is not the place to play small ball unless the water is really cold, that is for sure.  A couple of years ago I had an afternoon on Rainy when they were favoring a 5" Essential Series Paddletail, which as you know, has a huge profile to it.  It's much thinner than the 6" Ripper but the profile may actually be larger, and they had these 5" paddletails engulfed.  You know what those bites feel like! 

Online Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #26 on: 03/11/19 15:12 UTC »
Awesome I'm sure we will see pics of walleyes with 6" rippers in their mouths next month. Good luck Kyle!

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #27 on: 03/14/19 07:09 UTC »
Well, I got mine yesterday... and somehow it just doesn't seem to be as big as I thought it would be from the pictures... I guess I was somewhat expecting to see a kielbasa with a tail, but the body is actually more like a jumbo frank or small brat.  Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a substantial step up from the 4-incher, and I'm not at all disappointed, but it wouldn't have bothered me if it was larger either... my intent was/is to use it as a musky swimbait (which I'm really looking forward to), yet there is no doubt in my mind that our walleyes here on the Miss will eat this as well.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #28 on: 03/14/19 10:05 UTC »
Well, I got mine yesterday... and somehow it just doesn't seem to be as big as I thought it would be from the pictures... I guess I was somewhat expecting to see a kielbasa with a tail, but the body is actually more like a jumbo frank or small brat.  Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a substantial step up from the 4-incher, and I'm not at all disappointed, but it wouldn't have bothered me if it was larger either... my intent was/is to use it as a musky swimbait (which I'm really looking forward to), yet there is no doubt in my mind that our walleyes here on the Miss will eat this as well.

For some reason guys alway make six inches larger than it really is.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #29 on: 03/14/19 20:37 UTC »
  For some reason guys always make six inches larger than it really is.

Are we talking length or girth?   8)