Author Topic: 1st Day of Spring  (Read 289 times)

Online Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
1st Day of Spring
« on: 03/20/19 09:46 UTC »
In like a lion and out like a lamb; I spent the last evening of winter behind the Horizon smoker grilling up some bacon wrapped backstraps from a buck I shot this past Fall. 

This warm weather and full moon have me thinking river walleyes.  All of the ice gear got put away this week and I've just about got all my pitching rods full of fresh Fireline.  It won't be long now.

Here's to everyone having a great spring!

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: 1st Day of Spring
« Reply #1 on: 03/20/19 09:56 UTC »
Now that looks like dinner at its finest Kyle.

The open water rods? I'd go crazy if I started to mess with them now and not have anywhere to fish other than the river behind us or over at the lake a couple blocks away. I can use old line in those place.

I put fresh Nanofil on a couple rods for the dock jigging last fall but then the weather went to heck so I don't have to fuss with those. My other 15 or so crappie rods will get new #4 XL soon, but with the high water I won't be able to get the line dirty for some time. The up-coming warm weather and rain forecast for the weekend will get the water WWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY up I'm afraid so there's not much to hurry for here.

They found a woman's body floating in the Mississippi near Everts yesterday. That'd sour the place for me for a while.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/20/19 11:02 UTC »
Yummy eats there Kyle water is high here to the point we’re you can’t fish even though the fish are theresure hope it get back to a resonable speed so I can get in the boots and boat soon. Got line on a couple of new addition to the rod collection. I’m ready but work and weather as of laterhas been stopping the fun.

Online Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 03/20/19 13:21 UTC »
The venison was tasty.  I was enjoying the leftovers this morning until I read the comment about the dead body :o That is not something you want to see floating by your rig on the river.

I'm hoping to drown some Rippers and trade paint with the Sconnies over on the Fox River this weekend. 

« Last Edit: 03/20/19 13:57 UTC by Kyle »

Online Fishermanbt

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 03/20/19 15:29 UTC »
Warms my heart to see someone else using Fireline!

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 03/21/19 05:38 UTC »
  Makes me want to get my smoker fired up

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 03/21/19 06:02 UTC »
That does look delicious Kyle. 15 years ago, I would have drowned myself in the contents of that Costa DelMar tumbler. :)

Online basscatlildave

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 03/21/19 06:42 UTC »
I wished I was closer. I invite myself for supper.  ;)

Online Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 03/21/19 16:42 UTC »
That does look delicious Kyle. 15 years ago, I would have drowned myself in the contents of that Costa DelMar tumbler. :)

It was a red beer kind of night.  Red beer and Venison is amazing. 

Warms my heart to see someone else using Fireline!

Heck yeah!  8lbs Flame Green is the deal!

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 03/21/19 17:40 UTC »
It was a red beer kind of night.  Red beer and Venison is amazing. 

I was wondering what was under the foam... PBR holds a thick head like that (if you pour it tall).

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 03/24/19 13:06 UTC »
Yesterday was such a nice day and since I was all hopped up an a steroid for lung issues I was on a tear picking up stuff to burn in the portable fire pit. When I started this I took a package of sirloin out to thaw. Around 4 in the afternoon I had burned all of the yard debris and a full box of trim and cut-off from my work room project and had a dandy bed of coals. I put the steak in a fish griller and closed it up and laid it across a couple of edging blocks spaced apart over the coals. About 5 minutes on each side and we were dining. Had a nice salad and some spinach and raw fried red spuds. Steak just right and tender. Junk all burned down. Great way to spend the day.

The last of the steroid is working on me yet and I've been on another tear cleaning the garage and re-arranging a few things in the work room now that I've had a chance to work there and see where some things just fit better in other places. I'm going to home depot's building area to see if they can order a      4' X 8' x 3/8" sheet of cutting board acrylic. Menards doesn't have any access to it. I want to finish my work bench top with it. If I can find the stuff it'll be to finishing touch to the bench. And I need a screen door for when it warms up.

I've got 4 bags of micro cranks that are begging me to paint but I've been couped up all winter and want to be outside. And its almost warm enough out there now I can paint without running heat. If I get a real urge I  can always use the booth I have set up inside too, but I really don't want to be inside. Decisions, decisions.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 03/24/19 22:25 UTC »
Last time I needed a big piece of HDPE, I found it at the local restaurant supply place. If you strike out at Lowe’s.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 03/25/19 06:05 UTC »
Thanks. We have a couple of those places around town.