Author Topic: anyone use the rootbeer or motor oil spike it?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
anyone use the rootbeer or motor oil spike it?
« on: 03/22/19 18:01 UTC »
Just ordered some so has anyone used the spike it motor oil or rootbeer? Any recipes for the rootbeer? Ive never made anything rootbeer before but wss curious as to what colors go good with rootbeer? And is the motor oil changeable  from spike it? I noticed its a bleeder but curious on whether it is a changeable one as well?

Offline CNickerson78

• Kicker
Re: anyone use the rootbeer or motor oil spike it?
« Reply #1 on: 03/22/19 19:52 UTC »
Just ordered some so has anyone used the spike it motor oil or rootbeer? Any recipes for the rootbeer? Ive never made anything rootbeer before but wss curious as to what colors go good with rootbeer? And is the motor oil changeable  from spike it? I noticed its a bleeder but curious on whether it is a changeable one as well?
The motoroil is a dye I believe it goes from orange to a greenish color I have it but haven't fished it yet

Offline Fishermanbt

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 03/22/19 20:13 UTC »
The motor oil I have is a Lure Works from Spike It. It changes from a green/brown/red. Add red and or purple flake to make it look even better. This was the best example I could get in the poor lighting of my shop. I used around 20 drops and red flake in these Rippers.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 03/22/19 21:35 UTC »
Try some red and gold glitter in that rootbeer.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 03/23/19 05:46 UTC »
First and third bait is MF ROOTBEER with black and gold hitter.https://custombaits.com/gallery/458-191118224020.jpeg
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 04/07/19 11:07 UTC »
Thanks guys I just got some gold glitter in so I will give it a try thanks all for tge help and suggestions