Author Topic: Went fishin  (Read 167 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Went fishin
« on: 04/18/19 08:25 UTC »
Well my back went out again. Went to see the Doc, he thinks that at least some of it is due to stress from my wifes illness.  He prescriv=bed more and heavier dosage of gabba petin *I have been taking this for some time now) and some muscle relaxers.  That was about a week ago and I am feeling a little better (scheduled for another ablation on Jun 16).  Anyway, I decided that if it was do to stress than maybe a fishin trip was in order.  Went to a local state park to see if I could catch some crappie for dinner.  Discovered them not quite in spawning mode yet but real close to it.Caught about 20 or so including a couple of nice 13 inchers.  Star performers for the day was a 2.25 inch silverfish (black/white and monkey milk, and a very garrish 2 inch shad body curly tail (bright flo orange body with a flo chart tail.  2 of they crappie hit the silverfish on the drop.  I kept 8 of them for dinner.  Overall it was a little painful but nice to get out.  Looking forward to the next time
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Went fishin
« Reply #1 on: 04/18/19 09:49 UTC »
Ablation....that word has been floating around here of late. Prayers thru your procedure Sarge and for the little lady.

Our fishing has been hindered by high water everywhere around here except for some of the local reservoirs and those don't offer much size. We got nailed with rain yesterday which sent my pet lake way high again. The snow storm from a couple weeks back caused tons of power and transmission lines to come down, which caused the two turbines in the dam to shut down so a natural drawdown has to happen and that takes twice as long as when the turbines are working. Nothing but fun up this way.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/18/19 09:58 UTC »
olsarge  you can’t catch a break as of late. Glade you were able to have fun with the crappies. Praying continually that you and yours health issues be touched by the healing hands of the powers that be.
Tom last week end there was a 10,000 cfs swing in flow in a 24 hrs. Time frame and all that dose is push the eye’s out and puts them in a negative mode.
« Last Edit: 04/18/19 10:05 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/18/19 16:46 UTC »
Ablation....that word has been floating around here of late. Prayers thru your procedure Sarge and for the little lady.

Our fishing has been hindered by high water everywhere around here except for some of the local reservoirs and those don't offer much size. We got nailed with rain yesterday which sent my pet lake way high again. The snow storm from a couple weeks back caused tons of power and transmission lines to come down, which caused the two turbines in the dam to shut down so a natural drawdown has to happen and that takes twice as long as when the turbines are working. Nothing but fun up this way.

I had my first RFA (Radio Frequency Ablation-basically radiation therapy) on Dec 10.  Wasn't all that bad I was out for the entire procedure.  The paperwork they gave me stated that at times my post treatment pain would be worse that before but it should clear up in 2 weeks.  They got the pain part right but it took 6 weeks for me to recover.  Just hope things get better soon.  Hope you guys get out to get some fishing up that way.  Hope to get out again soon
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/18/19 21:34 UTC »
Really hoping and praying for the best for you and your wife olsarge. Hang in there!