Author Topic: Now this is big....  (Read 1150 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Now this is big....
« on: 05/22/19 14:59 UTC »

Thinking maybe the lakers will enjoy chewing on these when jigged.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Now this is big....
« Reply #1 on: 05/22/19 18:23 UTC »
I can see a laker all over that  8) when something makes your bear size paw look small it’s a good size bait.
« Last Edit: 05/22/19 18:26 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/22/19 19:06 UTC »
and still purple and chartreuse

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/22/19 22:14 UTC »
Yup. The best color combo anywhere.....in the water and between the goal posts.  :D

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 05/22/19 23:11 UTC »
Tom is the purple got UV AND PEARL OR JUST UV?
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/23/19 08:36 UTC »
Both colors have the UV enhancer in them. I add it to every color I make. There is no pearl in either but there is blue hi lite in the chartreuse and violet in the purple. The purple is an old scrap that has some silver micro-glitter in it along with a spot of white to opaque it. It's pretty old in fact and when I looked in my notes before I used it in the Zipper Tube saw that it was done almost 4 years ago. I used it here just now but plan to pitch it as it has some odor while cooking. In fact there's some color change between the Zipper's injection and this current injection and was never re-heated above 330 degrees so I think its past its prime. My primary reason for using the purple was my notes showed denting in its use way back when in some frog bodies and I was curious if the issue would become apparent in this heavy bodied critter and it did not. I was curious how long the complete plastic set-up would take and opened the mold on the maiden injection after three minutes and all was well. After four injections using the straight purple I did the chartreuse for the tail color to see if any anomalies popped up in another color and again, nada. So, I went ahead and did the bait shown here as a split color to see how well the weld took and all was well on that account.

Every injection done in this "search" was turned over to a bassing buddy so he can try to knockout buckets with them. lol I'll be doing a few in white for myself to use in Two Harbors soon, but I will have to take an extra rod with more backbone to cast them. If Lakers are still in the neighborhood they should like them.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/23/19 22:16 UTC »
Man that’s huge

Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures