Author Topic: Another great day of crappie catching  (Read 979 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Another great day of crappie catching
« on: 05/31/19 16:30 UTC »
We hit the very high and no-wake listed lake again this morning and did pretty good. The numbers were down but the size sure took an uphill jump. Playing the temperature game again paid off big time in the size department. 64 degrees got the size, 61 degrees got the numbers.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Another great day of crappie catching
« Reply #1 on: 05/31/19 23:26 UTC »
Glad you were able to get out and had a great time given the no wake same thing in a lot of areas.
Have you been using the mini free style and cranks or are they to deep for cranks?
« Last Edit: 05/31/19 23:56 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/01/19 05:23 UTC »
I'll get these little crank baits as soon as the crappies have spawned and gone to main lake deeper water to suspend. I plan to fish them on a modified drop shot rig. I may still take a handful of the real small ones next time and cast to shallow water if the water temps are up and suggesting spawning. The lake water is so cloudy with dredging going on upstream of where I fish the most that seeing any shoreline activity is almost impossible and we're seeing cottonwood lint and birch catkins on the water now so hook fouling will be a super sized problem for casting these too.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/01/19 08:18 UTC »
Glad to see you get out Tom.  Catchin them fishies is good medicine!
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.