I got the itch to try out my hand at making/painting some crank baits and decided I wanted to make a lure turner to dry the top coat. After doing some research on different finishes and picking apart different turner builds on YouTube I decided I wanted a hybrid model. That is, one I could dry regular two part epoxy or CS Seal Coat or UV resin. All the while keep dust and debris from getting on the baits. I stumbled upon the YouTube channel Engineered Angler and I must say this guy is fantastic. I borrowed from his setup. https://youtu.be/lOQOejfM3Vk
I harvested the turner motor from a junk microwave, purchased and dissected a uv nail lamp, purchased a cardboard 12” dia concrete form tube, some foil tape used for duct work joints, and 3D printed some light brackets and the adapter to the motor shaft.
I still need to come up with a decent way to hold the baits where I can paint, top coat and put in the dryer without touching them. I printed the orange cylinder with alligator clips so I can uv top coat jig heads and spinner baits.
I was going to wait until I had everything buttoned down before I posted but I just couldn’t wait so here it is.