Author Topic: Crappie Fluke Plastic  (Read 577 times)

Offline kyflyfisher

• Minnow
Crappie Fluke Plastic
« on: 04/13/20 09:17 UTC »
I have ordered the ES Crappie Fluke mold.  Will the ES plastisol be soft enough for this bait?  That is all I have now.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Crappie Fluke Plastic
« Reply #1 on: 04/13/20 09:23 UTC »
That's a great plastic all around and plenty supple for that bait/mold. The plastic can be softened a bit with regular softener if desired but I'm shooting mine with the straight essential and they are plenty good for action. That mold, by the way, is a dandy for splitting the body colors [lam plate or twin injector] and does tail colors like a dream. I got the cnc mold and the tail mold for it and the tails are a great bait in their own right if you want to fish a shorter bait to get around short hitting fish....I know this first hand. I make and carry both in my bait bucket....I'm running out of boxes fast. I'm pretty sure the tail mold will work with the essential baits and mold too.

Up here in the north I think its a bit big for really cold water but I've caught several crappies in the last couple weeks in 42-44 degree water using the crappie fluke. The fluke will be an absolute hammer on crappies when we warm up but that is hard to say when given we got 10" of snow yesterday. Happy Easter indeed. For sure the day was "lily" white and still is. 

Offline kyflyfisher

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 04/13/20 09:35 UTC »
Thanks for the info cTom, I appreciate it since I don't  have any softer at this time.  I plan on trying laminating along with the two tone tail/bodies.  Here in eastern kentucky, the crappie are really starting to turn on.  Hope you hade a good Easter weekend.

Offline kyflyfisher

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 04/13/20 13:58 UTC »
I got the mold in today and couldn't wait to try it out.  I shot the first run too fast I think, I got air bubbles in the bottom 4 and flashing on the top 4.  I slowed my injection speed, and everything came out great.
This is my take on Monkey Milk.  Hope the crappies in my home lake like these!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/13/20 16:22 UTC »
It sure didn't take you long to get all dialed in on the plastic and the mold.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 04/13/20 16:28 UTC »
I may have to purchase that mold. Those look awesome!

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 04/13/20 16:43 UTC »
 Dude you're on fire. Looks great

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #7 on: 04/13/20 20:31 UTC »
Nice bait’s.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN