Author Topic: The Oh, Gee Grub  (Read 784 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
The Oh, Gee Grub
« on: 05/09/20 13:28 UTC »
....should be called the Oh, WOW Grub.

Found this mold in the mail box this morning after running errands. Colder than bones it was and it shot out just fine. Some serious nice venting on this mold I'm sure helped in filling out those broad tails. As seen it does a super nice job on tail colors as well. I may give it a dose of twin injector later today, have to see how time gets managed.

When I first saw Kyle's posting of this animal my first thoughts were smallies and walleyes, not necessarily in that order. So now I'll be shooting a box of several color combos and hitting the river next week. I've got just the spot to pound with this bait from a shore location and if that one doesn't pan out I'll head further south a few miles and do a shore spot for largemouth and pike.

This seriously a nice bait for a twister type. Seriously.

Online Shaunm81

• Kicker
Re: The Oh, Gee Grub
« Reply #1 on: 05/09/20 17:30 UTC »
Those look nice.  I  still haven't gotten mine or the 2.5 pro series  fry  mold not sure really what is going on.

Offline Les Young

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 05/10/20 09:16 UTC »
Nice.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/10/20 09:23 UTC »
Looks like mine may arrive on Monday. Can't wait.

Offline bigjim5589

• Minnow
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
« Reply #4 on: 05/10/20 09:53 UTC »
Great looking bait! My preference for grubs is with a wide tail, so really liking that!  :D

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/10/20 10:43 UTC »
I had to check this critter in the water and hung the purple one on a Chartreuse 1/4 Teardrop/keeper jig and headed to the creek behind the house just to check the action on it this morning. WOW is an understatement. The tail starts up just hanging in the current. Walleyes are going to hammer this.

A couple young kids were fishing in the deep pocket between the two small dams and watched me fiddle with this. When I finished I cut the jig off and handed it to one of them and told them to take turns using it in the river further down the way. Should have seen their faces. Priceless.  I told them to take it up to the bottom of the rapids and cast it straight out. This early in the year there'll be smallies hanging in that location so maybe......

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/10/20 11:21 UTC »
Hope they hang a nice one. That would really be cool.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #7 on: 05/10/20 20:57 UTC »
Great bait’s TOM the kids are going to have fun with that one.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN