Author Topic: Finally Setting up  (Read 529 times)

Offline Rex

• Kicker
Finally Setting up
« on: 07/01/20 15:17 UTC »
I moved to a new house and after getting the house done, I have been able to start setting up my garage for pouring lead, plastics and tying jigs.

If I have the garage door open and the windows open, that would be appropriate ventilation to do those correct? I feel like it is.

Anyone have any advice on how to do a better lay out? The garage is insulated and heated so hoping the two windows being open and fans pushing air towards the windows will be fine for winter work.

Offline Rex

• Kicker
Re: Finally Setting up
« Reply #1 on: 07/01/20 15:18 UTC »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/01/20 16:25 UTC »
That looks like a nice set-up. You might want to put an hood/evacuation fan above the area of the microwave and where you'll inject as an added little protection. I have a high volume ceiling fan over my injection site and I get no odor at all. Right now I have the window immediately above the area open and a fan behind me blowing odors out, no ceiling fan and its adequate. Actually I don't have to use the microwave right now. Its so darned hot here that I just set the cup of plastic in the sun under a black kitchen pot for ten minutes and its ready to inject.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/01/20 17:05 UTC »
Great work area is still go with what Tom said and add a vent.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 07/01/20 18:59 UTC »
I like it Rex.

I have one of these fans that I put in the window and pull air from inside the shop, to outside. Works really well. Only have to crack the overhead door about 2" to allow flow.

Offline Slow Burn

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 07/06/20 10:33 UTC »
i have a small oscillating fan i have standing near my bench, and have it blowing towards the garage door.
Find a spot on the South Shoreline