Author Topic: those Crappie Flukes  (Read 365 times)

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
those Crappie Flukes
« on: 07/19/20 07:20 UTC »
Has anyone tried those  Crappie  Flukes?  I been thinking about getting it once it's back in stock but was wondering if these do  a pretty good job catching  Crappie.  Can these be just  casted out and reeled back in? That's pretty much what I do with all my Crappie lures.  I been thinking about it or the 2.25" small  fry mold so I'm not certain which one but  that one says its available. ..Thanks guys

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: those Crappie Flukes
« Reply #1 on: 07/19/20 07:40 UTC »
Both are dandy crappie baits. I thinks they both fish best when cast and retrieved rather than under a float even though I have fished both under a float with success.

The Fluke bait does a nice job on smallies and walleyes too when a small framed bait is getting bit so there's a bit more utility to the fluke.

Both molds have a world of options for injecting including split color bodies and E-coring. Tail colors are a snap with the Fluke do to its companion tail mold and actually the bait section coming from the tail mold makes a darned good bait if you want to shorten things up for sunfish or crappies wanting a shorter bait.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 07/20/20 17:36 UTC »
Great thanks  tom.   I think I am going to go ahead and buy both here once they get those back in stock. On a side note  I got the icraw mold in the mail today and I am very impressed with it. I made 10 up in Watermelon Red and I can't wait to get on the river to try them out once it starts cooling down a bit.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/20/20 18:29 UTC »
The Icraw is one fantastic mold. LOTS of tricks you'll learn with it. Watermelon over motor oil.....

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 07/23/20 20:38 UTC »
I am also thinking about buying this mold. I have never fished much for crappie, but I think I am going to start.