Author Topic: Paul Mueller  (Read 333 times)

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Paul Mueller
« on: 07/24/20 11:11 UTC »
Just had a DO-IT BUFF on the ST Lawrence his in second place. It’s on ESPN2 live
« Last Edit: 07/24/20 11:14 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Offline Kyle

• Administrator
  • Lunker
Re: Paul Mueller
« Reply #1 on: 07/24/20 12:56 UTC »
Good stuff Walleye Wacker!

Paul is battling for the top spot today on day two on the Saint Lawrence River.  His 27 plus bag of smallmouth yesterday was anchored by the largest smallmouth ever weighed in Bassmaster Elite Series history a 7lbs 13 ounce giant!  Incredible. 

Word is that winds are supposed to rip on Sunday and could keep anglers from reaching the areas they are catching their big weights in Lake Ontario on the final day.

Should be an interesting finish!  It looks like a MaxScent worm is doing the bulk of Paul's damage but he was targeting some suspended fish this morning on Crappie Flukes. 

From Paul's Facebook -

"Leading day 1 of the @bass_nation elite on #stlawrenceriver thanks to this 7lb. 13oz. Freak of a #smallmouthbass Always wanted one over 7 and God blessed me with her today. Unreal, I don’t think I made a breath for a minute or two fighting it lol. Got the measurements and will be getting a replica mount. Will probably have @lawrencetaxidermy do it for me. So pumped! #fishofalifetime #godisgood"

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/24/20 14:12 UTC »
Awesome fish Mr. Mueller! Thanks for posting WW & Kyle.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 07/24/20 15:12 UTC »
Two day total of 52lbs 2 oz

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 07/25/20 06:08 UTC »
Big smallies are the stuff dreams are made of!

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 07/25/20 06:37 UTC »
It looks like a MaxScent worm is doing the bulk of Paul's damage but he was targeting some suspended fish this morning on Crappie Flukes

That is exactly why I got the mold...

Although I have yet to use it, I plan on fishing it rotated (so the tail is vertical rather than horizontal) because I think that profile triggers more strikes... in the past, I've used the mayfly tail sideways on a minnow head jig to target schools of large bass through the ice, and I see the crappie fluke as a step up from this (plus it will be far more suited to my summer fishing)... and when I want an even bigger offering, the crappie fluke can be easily upsized by splicing a bigger grub body without compromising the tail action.

Offline Bayou Burner

• Yearling
« Reply #6 on: 07/25/20 10:18 UTC »
Man, that’s a huge Brownie  :o

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 07/25/20 11:38 UTC »
He's doing great again.  ;)

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 07/26/20 09:07 UTC »
They are on track for the century club. Amazing on a smallmouth fishery.