Author Topic: Spincasting plastic  (Read 99 times)

Online hawgthumper

• Kicker
Spincasting plastic
« on: 08/01/20 16:23 UTC »
So I had this round mold made a couple of years ago. I just recently got a spincasting setup for casting jigs which uses round silicone molds for spinning the heads. Well I just had to try it. And it works like a dream! The best part is no clamping. The machine does that for you. The trick is to not pour too much plastic in. I spun this pile of Hellgrammite bodies up in just a few minutes. I doubt it will replace my injectors but it’s still a neat experience.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Spincasting plastic
« Reply #1 on: 08/01/20 18:26 UTC »
hawgthumper sweet mold and nice bait’s too.

Online hawgthumper

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 08/01/20 18:38 UTC »
hawgthumper sweet mold and nice bait’s too.
Thank you WW!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 08/01/20 18:58 UTC »
I had a spin caster for making my 1/32 and 1/16 ounce jigs. Really something to load a mold with hooks and pour in a cup of molten lead and have perfect heads. I was making 5000 of each size in a casting session that was about 4 hours long. Sprues came off with a simply flick of a finger.

All the tax laws and fees associated with making fishing tackle for volume sales got to be a hassle so I sold the machine.

The spin caster was used for making custom jewelry and I got it for a song. When I cleaned the unit up I got enough silver and gold crumbs out of it to pay for it about 4 times over. lol And it made for a half profitable little enterprise for a few years.

I've often though that for plastics a spin caster would be a slick rig, you've proven it. Nice job.

Online Les Young

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 08/01/20 19:17 UTC »
So I had this round mold made a couple of years ago. I just recently got a spincasting setup for casting jigs which uses round silicone molds for spinning the heads. Well I just had to try it. And it works like a dream! The best part is no clamping. The machine does that for you. The trick is to not pour too much plastic in. I spun this pile of Hellgrammite bodies up in just a few minutes. I doubt it will replace my injectors but it’s still a neat experience.
[/quote Man i'd like to have one myself for both plastics & lead. I also see the green  hobby lobby glitter laying there that you need to send on down to kentucky for  me. lol

Online hawgthumper

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 17:42 »
I had a spin caster for making my 1/32 and 1/16 ounce jigs. Really something to load a mold with hooks and pour in a cup of molten lead and have perfect heads. I was making 5000 of each size in a casting session that was about 4 hours long. Sprues came off with a simply flick of a finger.

All the tax laws and fees associated with making fishing tackle for volume sales got to be a hassle so I sold the machine.

The spin caster was used for making custom jewelry and I got it for a song. When I cleaned the unit up I got enough silver and gold crumbs out of it to pay for it about 4 times over. lol And it made for a half profitable little enterprise for a few years.

I've often though that for plastics a spin caster would be a slick rig, you've proven it. Nice job.
Thanks Tom

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 18:14 »
Pretty cool operation hawgthumper.

Online hawgthumper

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 20:05 »
Pretty cool operation hawgthumper.
Thanks