Author Topic: Covid activities  (Read 800 times)

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
Covid activities
« on: 08/29/20 09:05 UTC »
With the pandemic and all of the problems it has brought, I made a conscious decision to dramatically limit my out of house exposure, due to my wifes severely compromised immune system.  I have gone fishing, but only about 8 maybe 9 times all year (got lucky on one trip and caught a nice 5 pound largemouth on a essential watermelon seed senko).  Anyway I was determined to have a little fun so I purchased a few items.  From Do-It a 3 inch Helgie mold and the essential ned bait mold.  From Stankx baits 3 open pour silicone molds (a 3 inch swimbait, a 3.5 inch swimbait and a 4 inch dropshot mold.  From Angling AI the 6.25 inch mid mag finnesse worm mold (both the flat bottomed and rounded versions) and the 4 cavity 10 inch ribbon tail.  From Bass Tackle a new dual injector plus an assortment of new colorants a crapton of plastic.  So I have been a little on the busy baitmaking side but having a blast.  My house looks like a breeding farm for plastic baits they are everywhere.

Judging from the time it took to receive all of my goodies, I am guessing  most of you have probably been upping your games as well.  So whatcha got?
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Fishermanbt

• Kicker
Re: Covid activities
« Reply #1 on: 08/29/20 10:51 UTC »
I too have been stockpiling supplies in anticipation I begin on a modified work schedule and the fact that I am not going out as much. I picked up a freestyle jig mold and an ultra minnow mold. Figured I would up my game by learning to tie buck tail jigs. I havealso been making my own 3D eyes. Should keep me busy for a while.

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://youtu.be/WbozDBM67lY
« Reply #2 on: 08/30/20 02:59 UTC »
Awesome Pandemic Post, OlSarge!

I've picked up a few molds:
3.5" Thump Grub
ES 7" RTW
ES 1.75" Paddle Tail Shad Swim 12-cav.

Also recently obtained blanks and components for 2 custom rod builds.
Both on MHX Elite-X blanks, 6' 6".
One medium, one medium-heavy.
Medium-heavy will get Titanium Torzite Fuji KR Rapid Choke.
Medium will get CC Gunmetal SiC Fuji KR Rapid Choke.
Arowana Tops for both.
American Tackle Apex reel seats.
Winn grips.
Medium gets Stradic Ci4+ 2500, 12 lb. Sufix Nanobraid.
Medium-heavy gets Stradic Ci4+ 4000, 20 lb. Sufix Performance braid.

ManCave "Problems" 🤣
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
".DOMINATE."  BKJ

Noreen BN36
Noreen BN36X3, Carbine-X

Wash.  Your.  Hands.

https://youtu.be/WbozDBM67lY  👈😎

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 08/30/20 10:19 UTC »
Awesome Pandemic Post, OlSarge!

I've picked up a few molds:
3.5" Thump Grub
ES 7" RTW
ES 1.75" Paddle Tail Shad Swim 12-cav.

Also recently obtained blanks and components for 2 custom rod builds.
Both on MHX Elite-X blanks, 6' 6".
One medium, one medium-heavy.
Medium-heavy will get Titanium Torzite Fuji KR Rapid Choke.
Medium will get CC Gunmetal SiC Fuji KR Rapid Choke.
Arowana Tops for both.
American Tackle Apex reel seats.
Winn grips.
Medium gets Stradic Ci4+ 2500, 12 lb. Sufix Nanobraid.
Medium-heavy gets Stradic Ci4+ 4000, 20 lb. Sufix Performance braid.

ManCave "Problems" 🤣
I bet those rods turn out great.  I do not need another hobby.  At least that is what I promised my wife (with my fingers crossed)
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 08/30/20 11:25 UTC »
I loaded up on plastisol and a few more crappie molds and some colors and scents a new dual injector all kinds of goodies and still looking at stuff it sounds like you guys have done really well also.

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 08/30/20 20:50 UTC »
I have fished more and I have made more baits.

Pick ups
6 inch finesse
4 inch finesse
AI core shot senko, phantom, punch bug, and mid mag flat and full round
AI open pour 6 and 4
A few rod blanks and parts to make a few more rods
lead molds manic mullet, freestyle smallest one to go with the bigger one
Hooks, HD, colorants, powders, etc.

I sold a few things to add a few but lets face it I added more than I purged.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #6 on: 08/30/20 22:36 UTC »
https://www.lurecraft.com/images/5xlu-241.jpg
https://www.lurecraft.com/images/5xlu-123-6.jpg
These are 2 new addition’s
2 2500 Ci4 reels
8’ table with CRB ROD WRAPPER.
Parts and blanks for 5 Spinning rods 1 7’6”  Medium , 1 7’6” medium light, 2 7’ ultra lights, 1 MHX ELITE 7’3” medium light.  8)
« Last Edit: 08/30/20 22:48 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 08/30/20 22:48 UTC »

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #8 on: 08/31/20 15:36 UTC »
Lines great panfish bait. The 3.5” ribbed paddle tail I can do 12 at a time now.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 08/31/20 17:18 UTC »
Cool ww.
Glad all of you guys are enjoying the time in.
Hope everyone is well.
My nephew, his wife, and 1 of his daughters had covid.
He said it was like a weird head cold. Seems to have a different effect on everyone.
They all tested negative now, and are back to normal.
His oldest daughter never got it.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 09/01/20 07:04 UTC »
  There's no way I could sit inside on nice summer days. I go fish, ride my bicycle, work in the yards and go hiking. There is plenty to do outside where I can stay away from other people.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 09/01/20 10:21 UTC »
My crew has been lucky not to have it. We have been super busy in the auto parts business and seeing a lot of folks everyday. It's really cut in to my bait making time. :o  I'm not complaining but now harvest season is coming up and I'll be 7 days a week getting stuff for our farmers.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 09/01/20 11:23 UTC »
  There's no way I could sit inside on nice summer days. I go fish, ride my bicycle, work in the yards and go hiking. There is plenty to do outside where I can stay away from other people.

Glad you can do  those kind of things Lamar.  Not everybody can.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 09/01/20 12:13 UTC »
I garden and then process all of it so right about now I'm busy outside. I mow a portion of a city park adjacent to our your just to stay exercised some. We walk almost daily, between 1.5 and 2 miles. The heat and dry here this year really snapped me in the nose as far as fishing goes but then we do have the cabin property and we head up there every 2-3 weeks so I can mow and while there I'm on the breakwater in Two Harbors every morning and every afternoon casting for Lake Trout and Salmon. Have had a fair year doing that this summer. The coming fall is my favorite time of the year.....fall fishing and deer hunting is in the air as well as the fall colors. Carole and I took Saturday and drove into deep SE Minnesota along the Mississippi River and stopped at apple orchards for apples. The apples are great eating this fall.

I fall under the heading of "compromised" with this covid crap and the restrictions but I mask up and wash and sanitize my hands often when we venture out. We see family quite often but still stay distanced a bit. Its really hard around the great-grandkids as they have a hard time not making contact but then there's soap and water. I'd like to think all of us will make it thru this mess and hope and pray that if any of us does happen to get it it's only a short term thing without any complications. People need to stay cautious but people need to live too. Hard balance.  Prayer to all of you to stay healthy! 

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 09/01/20 15:56 UTC »
Glad you can do  those kind of things Lamar.  Not everybody can.

Being you said "I made a conscious decision to dramatically limit my out of house exposure" Didn't mean you couldn't do it but meant you didn't want to expose your wife to it. I was only telling you things I found outside the house I do that would not expose you or your wife to Covid. To many people think they need to lock up in the house. Not true. Get out in the yard, go out in the boat, go for a hike or short walk or do like my wife are doing this week and rent a house up at Lake Erie or some place and just the two of you hang out. But sitting at home is just driving everyone nuts. I don't have to be around people I just need to get out.