Author Topic: Glitter & Pigments  (Read 134 times)

Offline Johnny Bass

• Keeper
  • Bassin' & Chillin'
Glitter & Pigments
« on: 09/15/20 08:00 UTC »
Can you use glitter and pigments from Joanne fabrics and or any other departments stores? 

I guess what I am trying to get at is, what do you guys do for other alternatives for glitter and pigments.

Do some of you make your own pigments? or buy glitter from other places in bulk?
Johnny Bass
Gone Fishin'

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
Re: Glitter & Pigments
« Reply #1 on: 09/15/20 10:38 UTC »
Most craft store glitter will not stand up to the heat plus some in metal and thats a nono in the microwave.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 09/15/20 13:28 UTC »
Your best off on glitter to get it from any reputable place that sells the plastic and components. Lots of the fabric store and other glitter sources can bleed like a gunshot and can be just not a good venture. I get a lot of glitter and  pearl and color shift pigments from specialty automotive paint vendors that have information of the products including the temp range for use.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 09/16/20 07:07 UTC »
Yeah your best bet is buying from like do it or lure works or lure craft. I have heard that hobby lobby  does have some glitter that works pretty nice but I  haven't used it.  Personally I don't use a lot of glitter because of bleeding.