Author Topic: Got bugs?  (Read 889 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Got bugs?
« on: 06/07/19 21:39 UTC »
Here in Minnesota where we have no shortage of wet this early summer the mosquitos are out in force and the gnats are right on their heels.  Bug sprays and repellents don't always stand up to their claims and when you're suffering from bites, this stuff is a pure blessing in a roll-on bottle. After being at the cabin for a few days  Carole and I both are covered with bites and this is what we use to keep our sanity instead of itching. This year the gnats are at a premium too and this product takes the flames out of their bites. Great stuff....just passing on the help.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
Re: Got bugs?
« Reply #1 on: 06/08/19 08:41 UTC »
Some buddy's made fun of me but Victoria Secrets has a product called Amber Romance and it works. It's a lady's body spray but the skeeters , yellow fly's and no see ums don't like it. We fish a lot at night down here and this stuff really works well.

Offline cc1

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 06/09/19 12:23 UTC »
Amber Romance replaced Vanilla Lace both work wonders on the bugs.  Best stuff ever.  I used it once in front of a guy doing shift work in Alaska and he said the bugs there were terrible on the rigs.  He took a bottle with him.  It worked so good they ordered three cases that day.  Everyone makes fun of it but they ask for it 5 minutes later too.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/09/19 21:32 UTC »
Amber Romance replaced Vanilla Lace both work wonders on the bugs.  Best stuff ever.  I used it once in front of a guy doing shift work in Alaska and he said the bugs there were terrible on the rigs.  He took a bottle with him.  It worked so good they ordered three cases that day.  Everyone makes fun of it but they ask for it 5 minutes later too.
You know what they say, if it's stupid but works it isn't stupid.

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 06/10/19 19:14 UTC »
I've have been eaten to a bloody pulp by those darn Buffalo Gnats! They are NOT deterred at all by Deet.

When I did some research the vanilla sprays seemed to be a favorite.

By the way...the Mississippi River is STILL at flood stage! It looks like maybe by next weekend it might get down to an 11' stage....the highest I will go out in. The Minnesota Boat Harbor is a muddy mess, and probably won't be usable until July. The river crested at 17.6 feet, the highest (by far) in the 12 years I've lived here. The river has been in major flood stage since about March. The poor folks down river have a long a long time to go before they will see "normal"!

" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/10/19 19:38 UTC »
Everything up here is a mess.  We should increase coal burning by 30% this year to see if we can break this year's high water marks maybe, eh?

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://youtu.be/WbozDBM67lY
« Reply #6 on: 06/12/19 15:55 UTC »
I have quite a few bugs.  Trying to get to the vet now.
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
".DOMINATE."  BKJ

Noreen BN36
Noreen BN36X3, Carbine-X

Wash.  Your.  Hands.

https://youtu.be/WbozDBM67lY  👈😎

Offline fkpshot111

• Minnow
« Reply #7 on: 09/28/20 02:13 UTC »
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but this topic will be always actual as such things as mosquitos will not give you a chance to live peacefully. What repellents do you use now? I am interested in snake repellents, mosquitos repellents, and other insects traps and repellents.