Author Topic: Pocket tackle box  (Read 928 times)

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Pocket tackle box
« on: 10/31/20 03:15 UTC »
Made from a gum container and large pill bottles work too.
« Last Edit: 10/31/20 06:57 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Pocket tackle box
« Reply #1 on: 10/31/20 07:37 UTC »
I wouldn't put those plastics in there (top of the box). A lot of plastics will disolve the paint on hard baits and make a gummey mess.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/31/20 09:08 UTC »
I guess I'd be checking with the container for issues like Gary mentions as well as the companion baits. On the short term, day to day, use I don't see much for problems, but long term could be another story.

The pill bottles are a great way to carry small jigs or a few other pieces of smaller terminal tackle that otherwise can take up a lot of room. At my age acquiring pill bottles, large and small, seems to be a none issue. lol

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 10/31/20 10:39 UTC »
Gary just there long enough to put on the rod in the truck.
Just a short day trip package.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 10/31/20 11:44 UTC »
You're ok with that. I carry small plastics in pill bottles just because its handy but remove them when I get home and lay them flat in the regular tray.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #5 on: 10/31/20 11:55 UTC »
Soft stays with soft and hard with hard unless stored for a short time I start throwing soft first and hard second.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/01/20 06:52 UTC »
  When I use to fish federation tournaments I drew an old guy one time that brought two rods to the boat and they both had Zepco 33's on them plus he had two small paper sacks. He told me one was his lunch and one was he's baits. We drew boat #3 and when we took off he told me to slow down the fish will be there when we get there. At the end of the day that old man kicked my butt and won the non boater side of the tournament. I never saw him again. Ever since I've always said to watch out for the old man that doesn't bring much to the game.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #7 on: 11/01/20 21:26 UTC »
Lamar that’s a cool tournament experience that I’m sure you think of often when fishing tournaments.No worries there is a small tackle store worth of bait’s in the truck but most time what I carry is enough for the day. Normal amount in the truck at all time until you can walk on water is 6-12 combos and tackle from A-Z.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 11/02/20 06:02 UTC »
Lamar that’s a cool tournament experience that I’m sure you think of often when fishing tournaments.No worries there is a small tackle store worth of bait’s in the truck but most time what I carry is enough for the day. Normal amount in the truck at all time until you can walk on water is 6-12 combos and tackle from A-Z.

The funny part was one of the baits that guy used was a Lazy Ike Worm. Look it up. I remember selling them in my dads hardware when I was 10. With those 33's he could skip it way back under those trees.
« Last Edit: 11/02/20 06:06 UTC by Lamar »

Offline Kyle

• Administrator
  • Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 11/02/20 08:06 UTC »
Any luck with the Hit Sticks, Mike?

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #10 on: 11/02/20 09:09 UTC »
Lamar I do know what the lazy Ike bait is and it’s funny how the things people use and do are they’ve had luck doing.
Kyle only have a couple weeks out of the month tHat I feel good enough after treatments. Hope to give them a try sometime this week but can’t true evaluate with 20-40 cast is all I’ve been able to spend as of now.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #11 on: 11/02/20 17:47 UTC »
Kyle I missed out on my tank test of bait’s this year on the lake we’re used to work.
I would take bait’s for walleye fishing there to test depth , action and what the rise rate is on certain bait’s so I know in what areas I can use what bait’s. The hit stick was made to act like a balsa bait so it will be interesting to see what it does.

Offline Kyle

• Administrator
  • Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 11/03/20 08:14 UTC »
I've heard a lot of good things about them but have yet to throw them myself.  Hoping to put some time in with them this winter.  Hope you are feeling well! 

Lamar - Were those the Ike worms with the blades on the front?? - Interesting.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 11/04/20 06:58 UTC »

Lamar - Were those the Ike worms with the blades on the front?? - Interesting.
[/quote]

Yes. As a kid I only remember seeing them come in black. I never thought about skipping them under trees. When I was 10 I think I put more of them in the middle and top of trees than I did under them. But did use a Zebco 33.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 11/04/20 17:48 UTC »
Caught a 6 1/2 pound largemouth on a Roadrunner, using a Zebco 33 when I was 13. That held as my PB until 2015 when I finally topped it.