Author Topic: 5 inch senko  (Read 267 times)

Online parrothead

• Minnow
5 inch senko
« on: 01/13/21 13:15 UTC »
I'm new to the forum and have an easy/silly question.  I got a 5 inch senko mold (96005) for Christmas and it has what I'd describe as a spring/clip on the hinge that appears not to have any function.  Can anybody tell me what its for?

Ron

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: 5 inch senko
« Reply #1 on: 01/13/21 13:38 UTC »
That's for hanging the mold bud.

By the way, Welcome to the Do-It forums. That's a super popular mold and the baits are dandy. Enjoy!

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/13/21 17:49 UTC »
Welcome to the forum parrothead.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/13/21 17:57 UTC »
Welcome aboard parrothead. Have fun with the new mold. I think you'll love it.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/14/21 07:16 UTC »
Welcome aboard. There is a ton of knowledge on here.

Online parrothead

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 01/14/21 07:26 UTC »
Thanks to all who responded and I'll be asking a lot of beginner questions, here's another one:

I have the small injector (4 oz).  How do you or even do you clean it?   Can you just pull the end off?  Won't that damage the O-Ring?

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/14/21 08:17 UTC »
Take it apart, clean with water and dishwashing liquid, lube the inside of the tube and o-ring, re-assemble. I use worm oil to lube my injector. There are many that use other lubricants. Pam cooking spray, WD-40, etc. I wipe down the entire injector with worm oil to prevent plastic from clinging to it.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/14/21 08:19 UTC »
Some people take the injectors apart and clean the internals when they think it is called for. I have an injector that's over ten years old and I have cleaned it once about 8 years ago and the o-rings are still like new in it. If your injector feels like its sticking a bit just pull the nozzle and dampen lightly a paper towel with plain, clear worm oil and wipe out the chamber. If the injector rod will push the plunger past the end of the barrel wipe the plunger and o-ring to remove any surface crud and do the same with the nozzle and its o-ring. That about all one really needs to do.

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 01/14/21 10:09 UTC »
Agree with all... I've never had to replace an O-Ring on a nozzle or injector. 

Online parrothead

• Minnow
« Reply #9 on: 01/14/21 12:39 UTC »
Thanks to all who replied.  Once the weather warms up a bit I'll start actually making worms.  Microwave is in Garage and it's flippin cold right now to be in there. 

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 01/14/21 14:04 UTC »
LOL. I'll bet you can't hold out for very long before you brave the cold and go for it. I never could.

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 01/14/21 14:52 UTC »
LOL. I'll bet you can't hold out for very long before you brave the cold and go for it. I never could.

You are right about that lines.  I was out in my garage this am pouring.  Between my griddle, heat gun and microwave I was toasty.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.