Author Topic: WTB: "Weedless Wally" JWS-4-AY (Referred Here By Customer Service)  (Read 351 times)

Offline jgrizzle

• Minnow
Long-time lurker, first-time poster!

I was sent here by Do-It Corp's AMAZING customer service; very responsive & friendly (some great calls with Lloyd too)...

They suggested I try here:

I'm looking to track down a Weedless Wally mold (JWS-4-AY, it has four cavities - 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, 7/16) it looks great for the smallmouth & walleye I'm after.  :D

Please let me know if you have one (or two lol) you'd consider selling. Thank you; best regards!

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
Thats are tough one too find. They usually don't go cheap. Ive seen them for sale on some Facebook pages in the past.

Offline jgrizzle

• Minnow
I understand. I'd be ok with paying a premium to a fellow enthusiast for helping me out!

Offline bigjim5589

• Keeper
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
I know several folks looking for that mold, including myself!  ;D

Offline Skimpy253

• Kicker
  • Delano Fanony aka That Guy Skimpy
    • https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy
Anybody have a pic of it ????  I tried googling it and didn't see it.  Is it not still in production ?????
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy

Offline jgrizzle

• Minnow
I know several folks looking for that mold, including myself!  ;D

Shucks, I call dibs!  ;D

Offline jgrizzle

• Minnow
Anybody have a pic of it ????  I tried googling it and didn't see it.  Is it not still in production ?????

No longer in production. Try google images "weedless wally" (in quotes)

Also trying to attach a photo here...

Online 21xdc

• Lunker
I bought one on e-bay for $80... I didn't like it. I sold it for $30 LOL... I know someone with this mold. He don't like it either. I'll see if he wants to sell it.

Offline jgrizzle

• Minnow
I bought one on e-bay for $80... I didn't like it. I sold it for $30 LOL... I know someone with this mold. He don't like it either. I'll see if he wants to sell it.

Thank you; I'd appreciate that!

Offline bigjim5589

• Keeper
  • J. Hester Fly & Tackle Co. LLC
jgrizzle, as you can see, that mold takes  the 60 degree hooks, and has the slots for pins & weed guards, while the molds still in productive are for lighter 90 degree hooks and no weed guards.

I've considered modifying a mold, but would rather obtain one of the old weedless molds if possible.

I have both, the older wally with ball collar and the newer version and I like that style, and primarily tie hair jigs on them.

Online 21xdc

• Lunker
Thank you; I'd appreciate that!

I replied to your PM.... Sorry.  :'(

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
I've been looking for it as well, LOL!!!! I actually asked Do-it to make a new version with eye sockets and the option for a heavier hook.

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
Here are a couple pics of the mold for those they don't know what they look like.