Author Topic: care package.....  (Read 412 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
care package.....
« on: 02/12/21 11:47 UTC »
From Do-It. Just dropped off at the door. Oh, man.....

I ordered some of those new eyes, the Warmouth in the attack series is absolutely an evil eye lol. I got the 2.5 and 4 sizes and it doesn't matter which size it is, they just flat out look sinister. Pic in a minute.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
Re: care package.....
« Reply #1 on: 02/12/21 12:01 UTC »
Those could pass for a sailor's eyes after the first day in port!

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 02/12/21 12:20 UTC »
Those look really nice.  I am going to get the silver ones on my next order.  I am glad that they have a better selection of eyes now.

Offline Skimpy253

• Kicker
  • Delano Fanony aka That Guy Skimpy
    • https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy
« Reply #3 on: 02/12/21 12:22 UTC »
Oh man those look great
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 02/12/21 13:15 UTC »
I got the new purple and blue powder paint colors as well and will be hiding in the -7 degree work room playing with it shortly. Just waiting on some heat.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #5 on: 02/12/21 13:37 UTC »
Sweet eye’s can’t wait to see what you make with them.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 02/12/21 13:50 UTC »
I just stepped outside with the 2.5 and 4 sizes of the Hyper Mirror Minnow eyes and those are just it. Do-It's gone overboard on these. Diiium.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 02/12/21 14:15 UTC »
I got the new purple and blue powder paint colors as well and will be hiding in the -7 degree work room playing with it shortly. Just waiting on some heat.

I dipped a couple each of 1/32 and 1/24 heads in both new colors and have them in the over glossing up a bit. Maybe another 30 minutes or so. Interesting colors. The blue comes out real nice on these smaller heads, the purple may do better on larger heads....more surface area. Have to wait and see after coming out of the oven. Stay tuned.

Offline Bass Boys

• Yearling
« Reply #8 on: 02/13/21 09:23 UTC »
Can you show us an example of how and with what you would rig on that jig head ?

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 02/13/21 09:56 UTC »
First things first BassBoys....lol

Here are examples of the 2.5 size in smaller crankbaits. The quarter is for size reference.

The top two baits have the Warmouth eyes. Makes these baits look absolutely PO'd.

The Baby Crappie bait has the Precision Pearl. Notice the light blue ring around the eye? That's not seen while in the package but once in a bait's eye socket it just jumps right out. I put one of these in an unfinished silver foiled bait and the same thing occurred. Cool bonus.

One thing I will note is that in the Warmouth eyes one maybe will want to orient the pupil either vertically or horizontally. In the purple backed bait the eye isn't quite vertical and it shows.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 02/13/21 10:10 UTC »
Can you show us an example of how and with what you would rig on that jig head ?

Here you go Bass Boys.....

1/24 head with a 1.5" Thump-It hanging on it. On the other head you can see how I have trimmed the keeper barb back. I use several other quite thin bodied baits and this eliminated the longer barb from tearing the thin plastic. By the time the bait begins to slip off the shorter barb the bait is shot anyway.

The purple/chartreuse bait shown is by far and away the best crappie bait I have used. Junebug/chartreuse is right on its heels followed by either my bluegill glitter clear/chartreuse tail or my partycrasher glitter clear/chartreuse tail. All fished either on a plain leadhead or a purple transparent 99% of the time no matter where or what water type.

Offline basscatlildave

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 02/13/21 11:54 UTC »
They look awesome

Offline Bass Boys

• Yearling
« Reply #12 on: 02/13/21 14:04 UTC »
oh yeah very nice !

Offline Skimpy253

• Kicker