Author Topic: Crappie Carrot - 1.75in  (Read 3154 times)

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
Crappie Carrot - 1.75in
« on: 05/01/12 10:07 UTC »
I have most of the CCM Crappie molds...and they all catch fish....but I am really amazed on just how hot a bait the 1.75 Crappie Carrot has been for black crappies.

With a light 1/32 or 1/16 oz jig head the bait (when rigged with the tail "flat") has a very nice fall rate and the crappies over at the local lake just can't leave it alone. When you watch this bait dart around with the slightest twitch you can see why they eat it!

The 1.75" Crappie Carrot is a super easy to inject mold...and with the laminate plate you can make up some super nice baits with an absolute minimum of artistic talent!

My hottest color has been baby bass on the top ( Pearl green smoke, CCM Green with large black flake) with a pearl silver smoke with small silver flake for the bottom. I am hand pour challenged so the laminate plate really helps make a perfect looking bait.

I'm really looking forward to the water warming up (it's still only 52) and can use the 3" carrot for smallmouth, largemouth and white bass. I'm now 100% confident it will be equally as awesome! I made a bunch of Emerald Shiner colored 3" Carrots that will be awesome in a few weeks when the smallmouth are chasing the shiners.
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline weltonio

• Keeper
Re: Crappie Carrot - 1.75in
« Reply #1 on: 05/01/12 10:52 UTC »
Sounds like fun! The way I have been catching crappie lately is while fishing for bass. Yesterday I caught a nice size crappie on an underspin rigged with a swim shad. Other baits that have produced are the ribbon tail and dd crankbait. I never would have dreamed I would pull in a crappie...I bet I could of loaded the boat up with the carrot sticks you speak of!
"Hello Invasive Species Goodbye Fishing Hole"
CLEAN YOUR BOAT!!!
http://www.texasinvasives.org/action/spreadword.php

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/01/12 15:40 UTC »
Pictures --  Show me pictures  ---  I want to see pictures  ---  ;D ;D

Thanks for posting your results; Andrew.  (  but I still want to see the baits  ;D )

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/01/12 16:35 UTC »
Just like these.....only not as good!!!! :D
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/01/12 18:49 UTC »
This color and it's minnow "twins" have to be good producers as the fry start growing.  You mentioned 52 degree water.  Our river channel water is now 73 degrees ( the backwaters are warmer ) .  Crappie and bass have spawned, bream are bedding, and cats are heading that way.  The full moon is May 5th.