Author Topic: Good Article in Bass Magazine this month...  (Read 3835 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
Good Article in Bass Magazine this month...
« on: 06/26/11 15:29 UTC »
There is a really good article in Bass this month.  It's, "Beneath the Surface for Summer Bass".  In short, Bass are either loners and hide in the heaviest shaded cover they can and ambush prey, or they run in a pack and chase shad.  It's got a lot more good info in it than that, but just to give you an idea.

To test the article out I went down to our dock this afternoon and stood on the walkway and just cast under it with the Lil' Toad Sticker, Green Pumpkin with black flake, Texas Rigged with 1/8 oz weight and boom - 4 fish (maybe 8oz, 1.5lb, 2.14lb and 4lb.).  All in a very small shaded area, caught in that order.

I also caught a 7lb that weighed about 4lb's.  It had a Carolina Rigged Brush Hog in it, the leader was hanging out.  I was able to pull it out with no problem and release her.  Hopefully she makes a good recovery.  She still looked healthy, just super skinny.  I caught it on a Wutz-It from Jim at Ghost Baits.  It was kind of a pink color with gold flake.  Thanks Jim!

If you get a chance check out the article.  It is one of the better ones I think they've had in a while.

Tight lines!

Jason

Offline firetiger

• Kicker
Re: Good Article in Bass Magazine this month...
« Reply #1 on: 06/30/11 11:59 UTC »
I see Lake Amistad has made the cover of Bassmaster two months in a row now!

kipbass

« Reply #2 on: 09/02/11 21:56 UTC »
There is a really good article in Bass this month.  It's, "Beneath the Surface for Summer Bass".  In short, Bass are either loners and hide in the heaviest shaded cover they can and ambush prey, or they run in a pack and chase shad.  It's got a lot more good info in it than that, but just to give you an idea.

To test the article out I went down to our dock this afternoon and stood on the walkway and just cast under it with the Lil' Toad Sticker, Green Pumpkin with black flake, Texas Rigged with 1/8 oz weight and boom - 4 fish (maybe 8oz, 1.5lb, 2.14lb and 4lb.).  All in a very small shaded area, caught in that order.

I also caught a 7lb that weighed about 4lb's.  It had a Carolina Rigged Brush Hog in it, the leader was hanging out.  I was able to pull it out with no problem and release her.  Hopefully she makes a good recovery.  She still looked healthy, just super skinny.  I caught it on a Wutz-It from Jim at Ghost Baits.  It was kind of a pink color with gold flake.  Thanks Jim!

If you get a chance check out the article.  It is one of the better ones I think they've had in a while.

Are you talking about Bassmasters or Bassin magazine?

Tight lines!

Jason

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #3 on: 09/03/11 09:56 UTC »
Bassmasters.