Author Topic: Custom crankbait  (Read 6955 times)

Offline Bass kid

• Keeper
Custom crankbait
« on: 01/09/14 19:14 UTC »

This is my first crankbait made ever and it does need work th bottom was supposed to be orange but mix with the blue in the airbrush gun, my fault. Also if someone can tell me why the blue paint splatter on the bait it would be awesome? I don't know if I was to far away or not?

Offline jmatheny9

• Lunker
Re: Custom crankbait
« Reply #1 on: 01/09/14 19:17 UTC »
Can see pic in tapatalk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Jeremiah

Offline Bass kid

• Keeper
« Reply #2 on: 01/09/14 19:18 UTC »
  also if someon can tell me how to upload photos from photobucket that would be great

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/09/14 20:44 UTC »
Is that a ghost pattern  :P I use photo bucket and just cut and paste the URL

Offline jl3140

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/09/14 20:53 UTC »
What I do for photobucket is right click the image and left click copy image URL. Then I click on the insert image button and in between the two sets of bracket, I just press Ctrl+v to paste it in a voila you have yourself an image in the post. Make sure your photobucket settings aren't set to private though

Hopefully that helps,
Josh

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/09/14 21:56 UTC »
Looking good looking good! If you want to blend the belly or what ever you wanna blend. I often shoot the dark color (back or belly)and blend it with a lighter color. That way you can fade it easier. You soften hard lines with lighter colors. I soften with pearl lots of times. Here is kinda what I mean. Keep up the good work

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/09/14 22:05 UTC »
Listen to mo. He has had a good teacher

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 01/09/14 22:24 UTC »
Listen to mo. He has had a good teacher
Who????? Drew????? He is a horrible teacher... he yells at me, is moderately abusive, and nothing is ever good enough. He once made me type Drews crankbaits are amazing 10000 time before he would tell how to paint a kill dot.  :o
All kidding aside Drew aka Dreamer is the King of Cranks. I'm just a small fungus that tries to grow in the shadow he cast. I'm sure he will chime in. If you need any help there are many on here that can flat throw some paint!

Offline Bass kid

• Keeper
« Reply #9 on: 01/09/14 22:28 UTC »
Who????? Drew????? He is a horrible teacher... he yells at me, is moderately abusive, and nothing is ever good enough. He once made me type Drews crankbaits are amazing 10000 time before he would tell how to paint a kill dot.  :o
All kidding aside Drew aka Dreamer is the King of Cranks. I'm just a small fungus that tries to grow in the shadow he cast. I'm sure he will chime in. If you need any help there are many on here that can flat throw some paint!

Trust me, I know drew is the man. This Saturday I will post some pics of bait I have coming from him. :D

Offline Bass kid

• Keeper
« Reply #10 on: 01/09/14 22:38 UTC »
If I wanted to get rid of the paint on this bait and start over would I just use acetone to take the paint of or no?Thank for all the help!

Offline TheDreamer

• Lunker
    • CBBD
« Reply #11 on: 01/10/14 01:38 UTC »
Good start Bass kid, having a name to put with that would help me figure out what cranks you're getting lol.

Don't let MO fool you he has a few tricks!

As for the paint removal, have you clear coated the bait yet? Or is it just paint?

#CBBDARMY @CustomBaitsByDrew

Offline TheDreamer

• Lunker
    • CBBD
« Reply #12 on: 01/10/14 01:42 UTC »
Playing with some new highlight techniques, the entire bait turns purple and the back, scales and cheek plates turn green when the bait moves. I may not always post but I'm always watching. If you ever need advice/help I'll do my best but some secrets can't be told 8)

#CBBDARMY @CustomBaitsByDrew

Offline Bass kid

• Keeper
« Reply #13 on: 01/10/14 05:37 UTC »
Just paint.

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 01/10/14 07:49 UTC »
Dawn soap or whatever, warm water and a bristle brush and it come off purdy easy as long as it's water base. I often wash paint off when I'm trying new things