Author Topic: Tooting Horns...  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
Tooting Horns...
« on: 08/27/11 08:19 UTC »
I am going to toot someones horn.  Paul (PJMCIA) has been out of pouring for some time and just getting back into it.  He just got his stuff a few days ago and is already posting pics of baits in the gallery that look like he has been doing it for a lifetime.  The one pic looks like a bowl of candy - maybe you should call them that, Crappie Candy.

Anyway, if you haven't looked in the gallery you should.  Great job Paul!  Let us know when the fish fry is!!!

Jason

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
Re: Tooting Horns...
« Reply #1 on: 08/27/11 09:03 UTC »
Thanks for the unwarranted compliment. I am just a retired fisherman
playing around with the new technology.  I hand poured for 25 years starting 35 years ago.  The new products, especially the CCM plastic, are all vastly improved over the 1970 - 1990's plastic and additives I used.  

The vast majority of the credit HAS to go to Caney Creek Molds and Jason and company's fine work. I used CCM plastic & additives; CCM colors, CCM glitter, CCM clamps, and a CCM Injector for all but the laminates.  All purchased directly from one website ( Caney Creek Molds ).  I will say an IR Thermometer ( Klein ) was a great aide in determining Microwave "Cooking / Stirring" times.  
Given the quality of products about all I could do was to foul something up.  

Offline ghostbaits

• Lunker
    • Home of Ghost Baits: Hand poured and Hand injected soft plastics
Re: Tooting Horns...
« Reply #2 on: 08/27/11 09:15 UTC »
Looking good bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim