Author Topic: Paddle Tail Swim Worm  (Read 4451 times)

Offline BassDetective

• Lunker
Paddle Tail Swim Worm
« on: 08/29/11 12:31 UTC »
Anything in the works on this style of bait.  I have a few requests for this style.  The one I am referring to is the Yamamoto Swim Senko.  I am not looking for a clone of this bait since I know that is not ethical but something with a similar concept.  I really like the shorter paddle tail for trailers in the spring as a swim jig trailer.  Ideally, a 6 inch to rig weightless or with a bullet and a 3.5 inch trailer (maybe the trailer doubles so you can pour a 50/50 contrasting color?)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
Re: Paddle Tail Swim Worm
« Reply #1 on: 08/29/11 12:44 UTC »
You know we are going to have some swimming Carrots!!! :P

Offline BassDetective

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 08/29/11 13:09 UTC »
Can't wait   ;D

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 08/29/11 13:26 UTC »
Swimming Carrots?  Tell us more, please.

Offline bribass

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 08/29/11 14:09 UTC »
sounds pretty cool! Cant wait to see them  8)

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 08/29/11 15:00 UTC »
Hope those swimming carrots come in 2 or 3 inch size also!

kipbass

« Reply #6 on: 08/29/11 18:19 UTC »
Anything in the works on this style of bait.  I have a few requests for this style.  The one I am referring to is the Yamamoto Swim Senko.  I am not looking for a clone of this bait since I know that is not ethical but something with a similar concept.  I really like the shorter paddle tail for trailers in the spring as a swim jig trailer.  Ideally, a 6 inch to rig weightless or with a bullet and a 3.5 inch trailer (maybe the trailer doubles so you can pour a 50/50 contrasting color?)

You say it's not ethical to copy a bait companies bait, I'm wondering if it's illegal? I've seen molds very close to big name brands. Do they have patents on these designs?

Offline bribass

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 08/29/11 19:26 UTC »
You say it's not ethical to copy a bait companies bait, I'm wondering if it's illegal? I've seen molds very close to big name brands. Do they have patents on these designs?

yes many companies have patents and many dont... so yes if it has patent on its design or shape or feature it would be illegal to reproduce the baits

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #8 on: 08/29/11 19:27 UTC »
Some do, most do not.  Usually a patent covers a part of a bait.  For example, Strike king has a patent on their Rage Tail.  It goes on to detail what qualifies as a rage tail...

I try to avoid everyone's intellectual property, protected or not.  It's a decision we made when we started.

The part I enjoy most about Caney Creek is the design aspect.  We live and work on a great lake.  I love testing baits, observing the fish and their forage, spending quality time on the water, just taking it all in.  I love it.  

I also think it's cool that we (collectively all of us) can make baits that outperform huge companies and all their money.  Fishing and making baits is a level playing field where any one of us can go out and on any given cast anything could happen.  I think that is very cool.

A little more info than was probably needed - I just get excited.

Tight lines!

Jason

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://rumble.com/v10miez-world-premiere-watch-the-water.html
« Reply #9 on: 10/26/11 00:20 UTC »
I'd love to see a 2.5" or 3" Skinny Swimmin' Carrot!
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
".DOMINATE."  BKJ

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premier-died-suddenly.html 👈😎

https://youtube.com/shorts/-I9g2VLfJAk?feature=share 👈😁🇺🇸🇺🇸

Offline Perca

• Minnow
« Reply #10 on: 10/27/11 04:16 UTC »
And a 1,75" panfish size swimtail worm !!!  8) Looking for ages for one of these now :-\