Author Topic: Foiled again!  (Read 9232 times)

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
Re: Foiled again!
« Reply #15 on: 11/23/14 21:24 UTC »
I have used the "Mona Lisa" brand for gold and copper leaf. I have also use HVAC silver duct tape all of these have worked. If you check out you tube you will find a guy that has even used the skin off of fish he has caught. Buy they way he is a very good artist! Check out "SolarBaits". Kasilofchrism do you know if the stuff from stampede would work with out heat as wood and plastic lures may not due well with that high of heat?

My method requires heat. Not for the foil but for the adhesive binder.
If you found another suitable glue it might work but I couldn't tell you where to look or what might work.
Here is a video on how someone did this on a resin or wood bait. It is not in english so I have no clue about his adhesive or whether or not it's the same as mine. You would have to buy some material and try it out.
http://youtu.be/FeQ5F0SmmJg

When I first started this project I did as much online research as possible then ordered up some materials and set to work testing things.
I know we all hate to waste money on projects that do not work but thats how new innovative techniques get developed. I invested over $85 in this project just to see if I could do it. Now I'm sharing the technique for free.
Other people need to start playing with this stuff and come up with some design ideas of their own.
I am waiting for some pics of other peoples creations.

Offline Grizz12

• Kicker
« Reply #16 on: 11/23/14 22:35 UTC »
Thanks for the info, I will order some tomorrow.
"Anything that makes you giggle,smile,or laugh Buy It or Marry It!

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #17 on: 11/24/14 01:36 UTC »
Thanks for the info, I will order some tomorrow.

I'm anxious to see someone from here do a wood or resin bait in foil.
I would really like to see the results and find out how they did it. Obviously based on the video I linked it will work with the right adhesive.
Good luck I hope you figure it out!

Offline basman

• Minnow
« Reply #18 on: 11/24/14 20:46 UTC »
Hey Chris, its Joe from T.U. you should check out "nail art transfer foil" on ebay. I have been using it and it works great ,a lot more color choices. Its about .99 cents for a 3 or four foot strip and you dont need heat to apply it.

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #19 on: 11/25/14 01:10 UTC »
I just ordered some more foil. This time from Stampee foils. They had some patterns the other place did not. For $5.95 I got a sheet of holographic foil 5'X 4.75". or 285 square inches
The stuff I have already is ~$10 for a roll 3" wide X 100' long roll or roughly 3,600 square inches. Thats enough to do a lot of jigs.
I already have the adhesive and I know it works. I don't mind the heat process. It's quite easy and the jigs dont care.
How much foil do you get in the Nail art transfer foil for $.99 on EBAY? Might work well for the guys wanting to do a crankbait or something?

Offline TheDreamer

• Lunker
    • CBBD
« Reply #20 on: 11/26/14 23:07 UTC »
The nail foils work great and can be used for many things tackle related. Here is the first attempt with the nail foils a while back.

After some practice.

Here is another product that works great that is sold by the same company.

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 11/27/14 19:21 UTC »
That root beer one. The last one. I need for Xmas.  Please.

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 11/27/14 19:21 UTC »
Drew its a shame you retired.  Your good. 

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 11/28/14 14:05 UTC »
Drew its a shame you retired.  Your good.
Justin, It's better to go out on top.. I guess...what talent it's a shame real shame