Author Topic: Mag Shaky Heads  (Read 3297 times)

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Mag Shaky Heads
« on: 11/28/15 15:34 UTC »
  Got my new Randy Howell Mag Shaky Head mold in yesterday. For taking big worms down deep this is going to get the job done. I made 1/2 oz and 3/4 oz heads with 7/0 Gamakatsu hooks. Paired with a 10 inch swim tail worm this will be a great bait for fishing those deep humps and ledges in the summer months.

Offline patwr77

• Keeper
Re: Mag Shaky Heads
« Reply #1 on: 11/28/15 18:16 UTC »
Those things have big bass written all over them.... That would work very well on a place like Kentucky lake!!!

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/28/15 18:27 UTC »
  I'm tell ya ! I like the looks of them. And it has a nice big stand up head to it. Nothing sissy on this rig.
« Last Edit: 11/28/15 18:28 UTC by Lamar »

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/28/15 19:03 UTC »
Big is the key word. I saw these before the molds were released and was in awe of the size. Lamar, you mention "punching thru slop" once in a while....these critters would part the slop big time. Kinda like tossing out an anchor. lol
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/29/15 06:18 UTC »
They look great!!!!

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/29/15 07:22 UTC »
  When fishing big baits like these it's makes you think differently then your use to. We're sort of taught to fish finesse type baits. The lighter it is the slower it falls the more time a bass has to see it and the less weight they feel when they pick it up. Then you watch guys go to KY Lake and fish 1 1/4 oz shaky head or up at Lake Erie drop shooting with a 1 oz weight in 5 foot waves. Makes you wonder how much all that finesse crap really matters. I think what matters the most is getting the bait where it needs to be.

Offline Fatman

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/29/15 15:58 UTC »
Very Nice!!