Author Topic: Do it fl pink x 2  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Arkansasbowhunter

• Kicker
Do it fl pink x 2
« on: 11/30/15 06:29 UTC »
I am not sure if I have a bad batch or not. I am having a heck of a time getting pink lol.  I have tried two different bottles of pink and two different highlite a.  4 0z plastic with 6 drop pink with and without highlite.  The plastic starts out pink then goes to a fire red or orange.  Got me puzzle on this one.  Temp plastic was 326. Any one experience this or have a clue as to what the problem might be.  I am wondering if bad batch?  I have shaken the tar out of the bottles and have nuts in them. 
Example of with bob size highlite blue. 

Offline DF

• Lunker
Re: Do it fl pink x 2
« Reply #1 on: 11/30/15 09:56 UTC »
 The fluorescent colors will hard pack after a while, stick something into the bottle and try to stir it up good. If it is mixed good and you still have problems try adding the colorant before cooking and watch the temps real close.  I have to say the color you ended up with looks pretty nice.

Offline Slow Burn

• Kicker
Re: Do it fl pink x 2
« Reply #2 on: 11/30/15 10:10 UTC »
Agree with DF to add the color to cold plastic before you cook.  Also in my experience it will turn orange on you if the temp gets too high or has gone through a few remelts.  I go overboard with stabilizer just to ensure I don't over heat.
Find a spot on the South Shoreline

Offline Arkansasbowhunter

• Kicker
Do it fl pink x 2
« Reply #3 on: 11/30/15 10:27 UTC »
Ok thanks for input will
Check hard pack.  It is fresh plastisol and colorant always added before heatin it,  love that stuff.  What temps do y'all shoot at?  Never had any problem with other colorants though.  Will let ya know when I get off work and shoot another batch