Author Topic: CS Dip N Drip!! Easy as pie  (Read 7524 times)

Offline TTDuckman

• Kicker
Re: CS Dip N Drip!! Easy as pie
« Reply #15 on: 01/24/16 12:23 UTC »
It has been years since I used the seal coat for some jigs.  When you dip crankbaits, do you just dip and hang?  Is there much of drip left on the bait as it hangs and how do you handle that?  I know that's a lot of questions.  I currently use devcon.
Thank you, Tim

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 01/24/16 13:04 UTC »
I just dip with a paper clip through the eye and hold over the can 30 seconds-ish. Then I hang over the trash can you might have 10 more drops come off so there is a lot less waste compares to epoxy. I let it cure 24 hours but the more time the harder it is. I can tell between a 24 hour cure vs 36 hour but still plenty tough at 24

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 01/24/16 13:28 UTC »
What about the last drop that hardens in the rear hook eye? Or do you check them periodically to wipe that off?

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 01/24/16 13:51 UTC »
I take a razor and cut it off the eye.

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 01/24/16 13:54 UTC »
Yep I do same as Justin if it's a lot if not much I heat a paper clip up and push it threw the eye

Offline TTDuckman

• Kicker
« Reply #20 on: 01/24/16 18:24 UTC »
Thanks guys.

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 07/31/16 20:24 UTC »
With my bass season about 1/2 over I thought I would report back on the results of using the CS Dip vs D2T on my crankbait. 

Bass and Walleye: 5 stars. The CS dipped baits held up extremely well.

Northern Pike: Solid 4 stars. I did have some scratches...but no total failures with the CS Dip. D2T did slightly better with a little better resistance to the Pikes killer teeth.

Dogfish: Total failure when a 9,5 lb Dog Fish ate a 1,5 Square Bill. He crunched that bait into little bitty bits while in the net. Don't let them get a hold of your hand or fingers...it would be grim!

So...I now have no concerns about using CS Coating on any crank bait I can "Dip & Drip" !

" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 08/01/16 11:24 UTC »
Did you notice a higher catch ratio with cs?  I think it's makes the crank run better too

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 08/01/16 23:05 UTC »
Dogfish: Total failure when a 9,5 lb Dog Fish ate a 1,5 Square Bill. He crunched that bait into little bitty bits while in the net.

My dad used to refer to them as "tackle busters"... they're the only fish that I've had twist the hooks off a Rat-L-Trap (twice) without breaking 14lb mono  :-X

Offline Arkansasbowhunter

• Kicker
« Reply #24 on: 08/02/16 07:55 UTC »
Would like to see the dip in bigger bottles since I have 500 baits to paint ????

Offline RufNec

• Yearling
« Reply #25 on: 08/02/16 08:01 UTC »
Would like to see the dip in bigger bottles since I have 500 baits to paint ????

Contact CSI, I buy it by the gallon, it is also available in pints and quarts.