Author Topic: Organization  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Dfiene1

• Kicker
Organization
« on: 01/22/16 12:37 UTC »
Does anyone have a good method to organizing skirt tabs? I get material from various vendors and it would be nice to have a way to mark the name/ color code and where it came from. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Re: Organization
« Reply #1 on: 01/22/16 14:29 UTC »
   I have simplified my list of skirt tabs to not to many. I have basically three different color jigs I fish with and the same for spinnerbaits and buzz baits. Each one I have my own name for ( kind of like you have for your old girlfriends ) And each one I write down the colors I used to make them. Now those colors I keep track of. I have a hook for each one to where it belongs. We work like the old alka seltzer commercial. When we're down to four it's time to get some more. The other colors are colors I was looking at on line and for what ever reason I thought I had to have. Those colors get tossed in a box and who know if I'll ever fish them. I think the best formula with this and making plastics is to name it and right down how you made each item. At least that works for me.

Offline LipRipper84

• Keeper
« Reply #2 on: 01/22/16 14:36 UTC »
I like using the stacking type small drawer hardware bins.  You can find them almost anywhere and they will hold five or six packages of skirting material per drawer.  I write on the front of the drawer where I got the tabs, what color and color code it is so I order the same color when I reorder.  It works well for me and doesn't take up a ton of bench space since they stack easy.  Walmart has them in the hardware department for around $10 and I think they have 12 or 16 drawers in them.

Hope this helps

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/22/16 15:54 UTC »
I have a full wall inside a closet lined with pegboard. Hooks, threads, all sorts of stuff gets hung up. When its orderly, this system works great. But then things get hung in haste and sooner or later I have to re-organize. On the plus side things are very visible on the hooks.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #4 on: 01/22/16 16:12 UTC »
Organization is way over rated.  I use a 5 gallon bucket.  When I can't remember where something goes I simply toss it in the bucket...skirts, lead, jigs, hooks, remelts, wire, eyes, pencils, used Kleenex, busted cranks, etc.  When friends come over demanding free stuff I have them stick their hand in the bucket and make a fist.  Works for me.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 01/22/16 17:28 UTC »
I use zip lock bags. With masking tape. It's not the best but it works

Offline Carolina Fisher

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 01/22/16 17:49 UTC »
I use clear Plano boxes with dividers , Walmart had a sale this summer 3 pack for 9.00 , I bought several and I write the tab information (model #) on the inside of the clear box with a sharpie and the website or company I got it from on the outside of the box .

While I agree with Lamar I tend to keep my personal stuff simple , people have some strange skirt requests , some of which take web searching to find and it might be a month or so before they want more so its hard to remember where I got them from. This has helped me to relook it back up .

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/27/16 02:52 UTC »
I'm one of the Plano box guys as well. I have one labeled "swim jig/spinnerbait" which has all of my skirt colors I would use for those baits and the rest are labeled "green pumpkin/watermelon", "brown/black", so on and so forth. I do keep one smaller box that I keep in my boat all the time that has a skirt tool and the skirt tabs I use most often as well as a few highlight colors just in case. All my finished/painted jigs I keep in Tupperware containers that are labeled. I've been doing that for a while and it works well for me.