Author Topic: 3 color Ring-It  (Read 2057 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
3 color Ring-It
« on: 04/27/16 12:41 UTC »
Using the twin injector again after hand pouring the crystal color, this 4.5" Ring -It is trick.

With the baits on the white toweling the tails look purple but in the hand the separation between the purple and the smoke is something else. One side is definitely purple and the other definitely smoke.

The purple and the smoke need some strengthening in this one. Everything for color here was a re-melt, the smoke and crystal being used in the black and blue dace baits of another thread. The purple is straight X2 purple on the weak side with a generous shot of violet hi lite. I'll add a chunk of black to the smoke and a chunk of purple to the two respective colors if I decide to use them again for this mold. The crystal with the super sparkle pearl doesn't need any help at all.

With this particular mold the twin injector most definitely is the better option over a lamination plate. It doesn't take any time at all to hand fill one side and squirt the other. It takes longer to clear the blending block and injectors than to create the baits. I'm more than happy with how these turned out.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: 3 color Ring-It
« Reply #1 on: 04/27/16 16:09 UTC »
Another great color.  I need to get that mold the guys by throw them all the time.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/27/16 16:44 UTC »
That color (purple or blue over pearl) has been a hot walleye color.

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/27/16 17:15 UTC »
Nice!

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/27/16 17:37 UTC »
Awesome Tom. I make a swim shad in purple back/ oyster she'll belly that is lights out for walleyes, so I just know they will thump that ring worm you made.

Offline 2XL

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 04/27/16 18:29 UTC »
NICE ! Now you're going to make me buy a twinjector !!!!  LOL

Those ringworms are great baits for vertical jigging on the river too WW.

Offline Bass in the hood

• Kicker
    • Bass in the Hood
« Reply #6 on: 04/27/16 20:21 UTC »
great color, I use smoke a lot it makes a great laminate on swim baits excellent bait thats for sharing.