Author Topic: UV Plastisol Additives  (Read 2203 times)

Offline ifish

• Minnow
UV Plastisol Additives
« on: 09/07/16 14:11 UTC »
I have been using a powder UV Blast to mix in my plastic and was wandering if there is something else. Did a search already and nothing came up in past posts. Also looking at Lure Solutions UV plastisol. Anyone trying anything new or different? Thanks for any ideas!!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: UV Plastisol Additives
« Reply #1 on: 09/10/16 14:07 UTC »
I've done the liquid from Spike-It but its hard to control. The Do-It powder is where I find the best results.

I just returned from Lake Superior and will only say that UV enhanced baits did the trick this trip while those without got a big goose egg.

Offline Y-TownBassMan

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 04/12/20 17:18 UTC »
How much of the spike it uv do you use per ounce of plastic ? I have just started to try it , but have no clue . Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 04/12/20 17:39 UTC »
I  got rid of the spike-it product because there was no way to accurately measure the stuff other than an eye dropper. Didn't like it a bit. All I use now is the Do-It powder and it goes into every batch of plastic I make.

Offline snake River

• Keeper
  • Manufacture plastic baits in hand-tied jigs
« Reply #4 on: 05/04/20 12:45 UTC »
I fish you may want to get a hold of bait plastic and ask them if they thought about using UV in the plastic it would be automatically in the plastic You wouldn’t have to get the powder and mix it in yourself.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/04/20 12:52 UTC »
Not everyone wants it in their plastic. You can't take it out but its nothing to add it.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/05/20 01:44 UTC »
The DO-IT UV powder you only need a very small amount.

Offline Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 05/05/20 08:18 UTC »
Hey I just wanted to throw this out there. Do it’s uv powder camp also be added to powder paint. I added a Tad in my fluidizing cup and could see the uv in the resultant baits after curing. Very nice technique if you want to add some to a silicone jig head, for instance. All manner of uses for uv powder.

Offline OIR

• Keeper
« Reply #8 on: 06/05/20 19:33 UTC »

mold (Transparent Clear Silicone Moulding Rubber)
strontium aluminate + uv glue
« Last Edit: 06/05/20 21:54 UTC by OIR »

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 06/05/20 19:38 UTC »
Sweet bait’s there 8)