Author Topic: Dual Injector Question  (Read 5864 times)

Offline Just Run`

• Minnow
Dual Injector Question
« on: 01/11/17 10:22 UTC »
I am wanting to shoot a few laminate colors, and was wondering if purchasing the dual injector was the way to go.  I have several different molds I would want to use, from Do-It, BassTackle, and Angling AI.  I just wasn't sure if this would work with all the molds I have?  Also I have a 4 oz Do-It injector, should I just buy another one and the kit, or just buy the whole works together?  Thanks for any help on this, just trying to determine if this will work like I want.

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
Re: Dual Injector Question
« Reply #1 on: 01/11/17 11:12 UTC »
I would buy the kit and another injector. As the other does not come apart ( still don't know why) that way you can have two injectors. 

Offline Arkansasbowhunter

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 01/11/17 12:38 UTC »
I have a Basstackle 4oz blending block and injectors I don't use if you are interested. $160

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/11/17 12:38 UTC »
You can either option. Me....I'd buy the complete twin unit and if I wanted a second injector I'd just buy what I wanted.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/11/17 12:41 UTC »
Brand new from Do-It with the block, $159.00
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Leskos01

• Yearling
« Reply #5 on: 01/11/17 21:42 UTC »
Are the dual injectors only good for laminates or can you use them to bleed colors together?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/12/17 08:16 UTC »
Primary use would be laminates however some people spin the blending block as they inject to get a swirled bait.

Mold format comes into play with the dual injectors too. Not all molds will let you do a top/bottom laminate and some molds are cut as such that you cannot get a split tail color [small fry series comes to mind] without a twin injector. The twin injector will make laminates with very clean color mergers yet not stark lines like a plate will make. The twin injector will almost always make a bait that will not delaminate while that is always a possibility with baits made with a plate.

The twin injectors make really dynamic looking baits but not necessarily something everyone has to have. A guy making a handful of baits for himself can get by without the dual injection and the extra work involved with them, but as I mentioned they can create some very nice baits especially when three and even four colors come into play.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Thump Huntin

• Kicker
« Reply #7 on: 01/12/17 09:01 UTC »
If you are wanting to have a dual colored body on a different color tail that the tail cavity is on both sides of the plates a dual injector is needed or at least with the molds I've had.  You could get around this and do cutting of the body but I don't prefer this.  If your tail cavity is only on one side of the mold, I believe the Do-It stingers are this way, you could simply place tail in mold and do a laminate.  My carrot, willow tail and tadpole curly tail have the tail cavity on both sides of mold therefor I have to dual inject onto a different color tail if I'm feeling fancy.
« Last Edit: 01/12/17 09:06 UTC by Thump Huntin »

Offline Carolina Fisher

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 01/12/17 09:07 UTC »

Here is a good example of what Tom and Thump are talking about. If you look at the claws on this essential series beaver they are perfectly split half and half with the two colors. I can only achieve this with a twin injector. When I shoot it with a plate there isn't enough room for the plastic to fill out the claws if I leave half the bait in the mold then shoot the second color. Same goes for the tails on the Wutz-It .

What I have to do with a plate is shoot one color then take a razor knife and cut the claw portion out and let my top color be the whole claw.

I also agree with him if your only gonna make a few baits it might not be the way to go. To take full advantage of this you need large cavities and/or multiple molds to cut down on your set up time to make it worth it. Jmo though  it's a great tool and I love mine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: 01/12/17 10:14 UTC by Carolina Fisher »

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 01/12/17 10:13 UTC »
To take full advantage of this you need large cavities and/or multiple molds to cut down on your set up time to make it worth it.

In part I agree with this. These Wax Wigglers were done using Do-Its Twin Injector and they measure 1.1" and 1.35". They are split perfectly even in their small size. The lighter color is glow blue and wile the tails have purple, they still glow which supports the even splitting of the two colors. You will not be able to split colors in tails this thin without a twin injector though.

Larger baits make the splitting process much easier but certainly isn't a limitation in most cases.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline Carolina Fisher

• Kicker
« Reply #10 on: 01/12/17 10:56 UTC »
I should have clarified by large cavity I meant quantities a mold can shoot.  10 baits as opposed to 1 or 2 baits. The dual injector is great on any sized bait , and it really shines on the smaller more intricate detailed molds .

Offline Leskos01

• Yearling
« Reply #11 on: 01/13/17 19:32 UTC »
I'm hoping there's a few good you tube videos on this for some reason I'm having a hard time grasping this. Just a newb I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 01/14/17 09:18 UTC »
That Guy Skimpy did one awhile back... he was even using the Do-it dual injector.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oOD-QD0yE9Y

Andy
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Skimpy253

• Kicker
  • Delano Fanony aka That Guy Skimpy
    • https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy
« Reply #13 on: 11/17/17 15:24 UTC »
That Guy Skimpy did one awhile back... he was even using the Do-it dual injector.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oOD-QD0yE9Y

Andy

:D
Please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/ThatGuySkimpy